Chapters 101-105

Chapter 101 – Core Formation

Several months have passed since Meng Xui Feng found me. He has since decided to stay here for a while and help me train <Hades>, at least until they are in a presentable state before leaving.

While I had already been training them for a while before Meng Xui Feng found us, Meng Xui Feng said that their combat skills was still too weak and were only at the level of a teenager of the Meng family.

According to Meng Xui Feng, the lightning fist form is an advanced Fist form that one of the Meng family's ancestors created. While the family has no rules preventing them for teaching others, members of the Meng family do not spread it around because it is an excellent fist form for beginners to learn.

However, since there have been no rules to prevent them from teaching others the fist form, it has been taught to outsiders in exchange for gratitude or favours. For example, several elders have taught the fist form to the children of people who had saved their lives.

As such, the Lightning Fist was taught to everyone in the camp and their combat capabilities improved quickly. Since the Lightning Fist was quick and the jabs hurt badly, everyone soon had their reflexes polished so they would not get jabbed by their sparring partners.

The Lightning fist also forced everyone to adopt an offensive combat style and throw their defensive combat away since you would be forced to keep up the defensive stance once u started with one.

The quick and short jabs of the Lightning Fist meant that you would have no time to start an offensive once u started with a defensive stance. Eventually, your focus will slowly be chipped away by the lightning-fast attacks and you would lose.

Meng Xui Feng had also sent a message back to the Meng family during the time he was here, and his wife eventually forwarded the message to my mother. This was because it was too risky to send the message directly to the Shang family, especially since my father and I had become rebels. If it was found out that the message came from me or Meng Xui Feng, there would be no need to hold a trial for my father anymore.

Instead, it was safer to send it back to my grandma, who is at the Meng family. With their connections as an established hidden family, it would be a simple thing for them to pass the message to my family in the capital, and make sure that it could not be traced back to the Meng family.

This was also how my mother had been communicating with her grandparents. While she cannot visit them anymore, she still misses them and occasionally updates them about the things that are going on in her life.

The message only said that Meng Xui Feng had found me and that she should drag my father's trial as long as possible so that I could have time to prepare for the outcome of my father's trial, regardless of the results. Meng Xui Feng also stated that my mother had scolded the Shang family elders many times in her letters back home, and it seems like she had lost all faith in them until my siblings were born.

He also that the attitudes of the elders had changed immediately after their birth but my mother still feels that they have some ulterior motives whenever they communicate with my parents as she would feel uncomfortable.

These few months also allowed me to enter the realm of core formation. Ever since Meng Xui Feng started to train and teach them, I stayed in my tent all day long and absorbed thousands of spirit stones before entering the realm of Core formation. My breakthrough into Core formation was painful, just like all of my breakthroughs.

When Meng Xui Feng watched me breakthrough, he honestly believed that I was going to die and tried to transfer his qi into my body, in hopes that he would save me. But all it did was increase the pain I felt and eventually stopped when he realized that I was in more pain due to his actions.