Chapter 91 - 95

Chapter 91 - So Difficult to have Breakfast

As I walk out of my tent, I am greeted by a huge amount of people staring at me, as if I am some kind of rare animal that is put on display.

"Master, everyone has talked about it last night and nobody here would like to pursue the immortal way if possible." Lang Meng Ding said as he walks up to my side.

I make a frown as I am surprised at how everyone here wants to learn how to cultivate. There should have been a few who would rather just live a peaceful life! As I look around and feel pressured by their expectant looks, one old man walked out of the crowd and kneeled and he asks, "Lord immortal, is it really possible for us to cultivate and achieve immortality?"

Everyone breath suddenly stops as they wait for me to answer the question. It seems everyone here wants to become an immortal and live forever.

I open my mouth to answer him since I do not have to think much about how I should answer and say "I never agreed to take any of you here as my disciple, nor did I agree to teach any of you here how to cultivate."

The second I said this, the entire crowded kneeled again! Damn it! Even Lang Meng Ding who is at my side fell to his knees instantly!

"Lord Immortal, please take mercy on us and take us as your disciple! We swear to forever be loyal o you and never let you down!" the crowd loudly yelled.

"Enough of this, You cannot force me to accept all of you as my disciples!" I shouted back at them.

"You do you think cultivation is simple? The road to enlightenment is long and difficult. Even the children of powerful families who have started cultivating from a young age, might not attain enlightenment or achieve immortality."

I look at the crowd and continued to shout after I let out a soft sigh, "Look at yourselves, most of you here are already adults and some are even seniors! How can I lead you onto the path of cultivation, when I know that all of you will not even have the chance to attain immortality?"

Once I said this, some of the seniors and adults start feeling bad about how they have tried to force me to accept them as my disciples, but some people did not give up.

Instead, they pushed their children forward and shouted "Lord Immortal, please consider accepting my child as your disciple! He is young and has always been smart! He will learn quickly!" several parents shout at the same time.

These children have matured after escaping from their homes. They know that their families are gone and they will never see their friends again. This is because only the strong children, who knew to not cry, insist on bringing their favourite toys or trying to stay in their comfortable homes could escape successfully from the army.

Children who even wasted a second or was hesitant in escaping would not be able to escape and might have been abandoned by their parents or caused their parents to get caught.

These children quickly kneeled down once their parents pushed them in front and shouted "Lord Immortal, please take me as your disciple! I will obey you as if you are my parents and never ask for anything!"

There aren't many children in this camp as you might expect. The only children who could escape and needed to escape would be children from big and powerful families. I take a glance around and quickly count around twenty children.

"Enough! Even if they are children, I will have to determine if they have enough talent and get to know them better before I accept anyone as my disciple. Now let us go have breakfast!" I say sternly as I wave my arm, releasing a wave of qi and pushing everyone up onto their feet and walked away.