Chapter Twenty One

When Alyssa arrived home, she saw Spencer's car in the drive way.

"Crap." She mumbled to herself. He is going to be furious.

She got of her car and walked inside. Spencer came up and wrapped her in his arms. "Where were you? I was worried sick!"

She pulled back. "I'm sorry. When Molly got here, I still wasn't feeling well. She took me to the doctor."

He stared at her. "So, what did he say?"

She froze. She couldn't tell him. She couldn't do it, so she lied. "It was just a stomach bug. He said I should be fine after a good night's sleep. I'm going to go ahead and lie down."

He kissed her forehead. "Okay. Next time, write me a note or something. Don't ever leave like that again. I was terrified."

"I'm sorry I scared you. I'll see you later." She kissed his lips and stayed there for a while.

He held her while she did. If only he knew what was really happening. If only, if only.

.......................

Spencer woke up and Alyssa wasn't beside him. He got up and went to the bathroom, but she wasn't there.

He didn't hear her downstairs, but he decided to look. He went down and saw the living room and kitchen empty.

He shook his head and went back upstairs. He grabbed his phone and dialed her number.

He heard ringing. He looked on the bedside table and saw her phone.

"Really, Alyssa?" He walked over to it and saw a note underneath it. He picked it up and saw it was addressed to him.

He sat on the bed and opened the letter.

Hello, Spencer:

You are probably wondering where I am. I left. I needed space. I have a secret that I have kept from you since the wedding. I haven't had the nerve to tell you. I didn't want to hurt you. But, it is too late to hide it now.

When I was sixteen, I was diagnosed with bone cancer. It took a major toll on my body, and I became extremely weak. On that day, I found out that it could never carry a baby. It would be dangerous for me.

I decided to do foster care, and I said I was never going to marry. But, I did. You are an amazing guy, and you are an amazing father. You deserve to have healthy children and a healthy wife.

I am telling you this because I don't have a stomach bug. I am six weeks pregnant. My doctor told me to have an abortion, but I couldn't do it. I don't know how this pregnancy is going to go, but I will carry this baby. I believe this baby is coming for a reason.

I left because I couldn't face you. I haven't done my part in this marriage. I have lied to you repeatedly.

I am really sorry. Please, don't hate me.

I love you,

Alyssa

.................

Spencer dropped the note. She is pregnant? And she had cancer?

He started to cry. He didn't know her well enough to tell when something was wrong. He felt stupid. Now, she is gone.

No. She is not gone. He stood. "I'm going to find her. Alyssa, darling I'm coming!"

He grabbed his phone and called Molly. She would probably know where she is.

Molly answered on the first ring. "Spencer? What is wrong?"

"Alyssa." He choked out. "She's gone. Do you have any idea where she might be?"

Molly thought for a moment. "I believe so. Give me a moment, and I will be right there. I'll keep Matthew while you go find your wife."

Molly arrived five minutes later. "Here. This is the address. She normally goes there when she is depressed. Be safe."

"Thanks Molly. For everything." Spencer walked out and shut the door.

"I'm coming, Alyssa. Please don't go anywhere."