Nine

Annabeth:

 "Hey, Dad!" I yelled as I closed the door to our apartment. After a minute of no response, I figured he wasn't home. 

 I sighed and sat down on our couch. Dad's usually home by now, but I've been more okay with it ever since he denied marrying his girlfriend, Helen. Gods, I hated her, I just wish my mom was still alive. In case you are wondering, my mother was named Athena, but she died due to a concussion when a car threw her off a highway.  

 After about 15 minutes of eating cereal, I gave in to my thoughts and went upstairs to my room where I always think best. My room was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. Which I do... anyway.

 I had a dark grey comforter with two light grey shams and a white throw pillow with a light blue and black watercolor owl on it. My desk was 4 feet long and was right next to a massive wall-length bookcase. I needed it though, I had everything from Harry Potter to the in-depth design of the Parthenon. 

 I looked at the clock and saw that it was 4:43. Holy Hephaestus, I must've watched Percy for about 20 minutes. Percy. For some reason, I couldn't get him out of my head. He seemed so... I don't know, Percy. He was handsome, no doubt, with his sea-green eyes that showed a bit of blue when he was worried. Not that I liked him, but I wanted to get to know him better. 

 Giving up on getting him out of my head, I grabbed one of my books which just happened to be a book about architecture, and headed out to my balcony. I was on the 10th floor, so the view was pretty incredible. 

 One thing about it, was that I could see the Empire State Building, and I couldn't help thinking about how I would re-design some of it. Huh, that would be my fatal flaw, hubris. Of course, that hit a little close to my mom's death. She had said that I needed to learn how to get it under control. Sighing, I looked out across to the huge building diagonally across from me. 

 My eyes drifted to the second-to-top floor where someone else was sitting. After a minute, I nearly ran back inside. It was Percy Jackson. What the Hades was he doing out? He seemed to be in deep thought, and I was about to go inside when I heard a yell. I darted my eyes towards the balcony with Percy on it, and saw that he heard it too. 

 He ran back inside, and didn't appear back on his balcony, but on the floor above him, helping a blonde guy get up. It was Jason Grace, he had a gash on his head and was trying to convince Percy not to run inside and get Thalia. 

 I decided to go inside, and as I reached the door to my bedroom, I looked back and saw that Percy was looking at me. His eyes seemed to be saying, "Please, don't mention it." I nodded and went inside. 

He stayed in my thoughts for the rest of the night. What is wrong with me?

Hey! This is N, but I just wanted to say that there will be some more chapters, and I WILL be updating AT LEAST once a week.

 Bye!