Another Drop In

The sound of light tapping on a window. Gets the attention of the apartment's owner.

--

The man goes to his window. He snorts as he bites his inner cheek.

-

The brunette outside the window, waves.

-

The man slides the window open.

--

"Hi Bae." The brunette giggles.

"Can I help you, m'lady?" The man teases.

"My bare feet are freezing. Can I just exit through your door?" The brunette asks embarrassed.

"I thought you already went home?" The man asks, as he steps aside.

"Uh no." The brunette says, as she climbs through the window.

"Well Linda, if that really is your name." The man teases.

-

The brunette laughs, as she walks to the door.

-

"I don't know you, obviously." The man says, as he follows her to the door.

-

The brunette rolls her eyes, with a smile.

-

"I might enjoy your random drop ins." The man shrugs.

"But?" The brunette asks, spinning on her heels, to face the man, and with the door to her back.

"What kind of 'thank you', was that?" The man asks, leaning towards the brunette.

"Earlier?" The brunette asks, with a snort.

"Yes. What kind of guy, do you take me for?" The man asks, pretending to be insulted.

-

The brunette giggles.

-

"I'm not that easy." The man, places his hand on his chest.

"Easy on the eyes." The brunette shrugs.

"That's you Princess." The man pokes, her nose.

-

The brunette glares at the man, she turns to the door, and she opens it to leave.

-

"Whoa, did I say something wrong?" The man asks confused.

"I'm not a Princess. Don't ever call me that again! I'm a tomboy, not a girly little bitch." The brunette snaps, choking back tears.

--

The man recognizes a broken child, hiding inside a strong adult easily. It was like looking into the mirror.

--

"Hey-!" The man tries reaching for her.

-

The brunette storms out the door, slamming it shut behind her, and she starts running.

-

"Wait!" The man throws open his door. He makes it to the stairwell, in the hall.

-

The sound of bare feet against wood, echoes through the stairwell.

-

The man looks down, to see the brunette running a floor below him.

-

The brunette opens an apartment door, she runs inside, and she slams the door shut.

-

"Right below me. Go figure." The man sighs, before going back into his apartment.