CH. 3: The King's Great Escape

"Hey Die, why the fook... Oh shit." Anti stopped and stared at the fire burning just as everyone else did. "The fookin' city is on fire!?"

Die turned to Anti. "This has to be the rebellion."

"We haven't heard from them in months." Mayor Calor argued.

"Are you defending them?" Die growled. "Who else could it have been? It hasn't rained in weeks. They took this dry air to their advantage. I should have known better..."

In this time there still were firemen but they were under strict watch by the Mayor of the city, and the GOD administration. Although there were a large number of them they didn't have all that they needed to put out a fire of this size.

"Calor, alert all guards, officers and all on standby to put out this fire. I'm sure the humans won't be able to do it. Not alone that is."

Calor spread his wings far and wide. "Right away, Die. I will keep you updated. Be safe."

"You as well, my friend." Die watched him take off then turned his head to Anti. "Alert all the guards in the castle. Send all those who aren't on duty at the moment. Release the guards from Dark's chambers and keep watch over him, do you understand?"

"Yeah yeah," Anti shoved his hands into his back pockets. "It's just a fire, I don't see the big deal." 

Die rolled his eyes at him, but carried on with his business. He knew Anti would be of no use in this situation. Ever since he'd taken over Anti had become more lazy, which caused him to be on Die's nerves more often, but bearable.

Anti walked away with a smile on his face.

He knew exactly where he was going.

It was all going according to plan.

As Anti reached the basement he saw the two guards standing with their spears.

"Master Antisepticeye, what is the cause of the alarm?"

Anti stuck his pinky in his ear, disinterested in the subject, "Yeah, the city is on fire, I'm supposed to release you of duty to go help or something. Go to the guards chambers and meet with yer men."

"Right away, Sir. Thank you for informing us." The guards both rushed off quickly leaving Anti down at the door by himself.

He walked through down the cold stone steps dimly lit by a few torches. The alarm had suddenly stopped going off leaving an unsettling silence as he walked through the hall past other empty cells. Water dripped from unknown sources and wind grazed the old stone. 

He came upon Dark's cell, peering inside. He hadn't seen Dark since the day he was locked up.

There was nothing but Darkness, ironically. He then unhinged the door and walked inside looking around him.

"Good Evening....Anti..." Dark spoke up.

Anti looked hard into the darkness to see two red iris's staring back at him. While keeping his gaze fixated on Dark's he clapped his hands twice and the entire room lit up by torch.

"And to what do I owe the honor? Did you decide to ask questions just as your king?"

"Nice hair." Anti smirked, "Die's a shitty king."

"Anyone with a brain could have told you that one." He sighed, then stood up, chains rattling at his side. "It only took a year and a half or so for you to visit, what a shame. I thought we were friends."