Ch. 4: Together Again

(Y/n) slowly awoke to the soft sound of birds chirping in the distance. She opened her eyes to leaves shading her from the sunlight. Moments passed before her memory of last night came to mind.

"I'm alive.." She whispered to herself.

Her eyes gazed down below. She was feet off the ground, in a tree it seemed like. The tree had been forced open, split in half by fire creating a cocoon-like space. The wood surrounding her was charred. They then fell upon flesh, hands wrapped around her tightly yet protectively.

Arms rested upon her shoulder crossing over down her chest. Deep breaths from behind her moved her body ever so slightly. She smell of burnt wood filled her face with every breath.

She slowly looked up above her, it was Dark.

Her heart felt whole.

He had saved her from the previous night and took her into the woods, hiding her and protecting her from anything.

(Y/n) looked down at her hands, they were burnt and they were throbbing in pain. Her ears picked up the sound of a running stream, possibly a river. She needed to sooth the pain and quickly, maybe even get a fire started for both of them.

The last thing she wanted to do was wake him up.

The problem was the fact that he was very sensitive to movement and sound. Moving without waking him up would be nearly impossible. It would take an hour, maybe two to move slow enough out of his way. That's not even considering the fact placing his limbs back down.

...he then suddenly unraveled himself from her leaning back into the charred crevice mumbling nonsense to himself.

Less work for her...

____________________________________

Dark awoke suddenly, his eyes flashing open. It was the first actual sleep he had gotten in a little over two weeks. Although demon's don't necessarily need sleep, his body was healing itself as quickly as possible at all times from Die's "Questioning".

Within moments he realized that (Y/n) was no longer in his grasp. He looked around him, though it was highly unlikely she would be there.

"Spero?" He called out with worry in his tone. "Spero where are you?"

She was missing and the only conclusion he could come to was the idea that Die captured her.

"Spero!"

Her smell still lingered...as well as cooked fish..A strange combination in his mind.

He grew quiet as he lowered himself down from the tree. His body was so weak from breaking out of the castle, an unusual feeling for the King to have. He leaned on a branch to further lower himself, but it had been burnt too much and gave way as soon as he leaned on it.

Dark fell out of the tree and hit the ground.

"What an entrance," (Y/n) spoke up.

He sat up on his elbow and looked through the hair in front of his eyes to see her approaching him.

"I give it a 6 out of 10 at best." Her hand reached down towards him. "Glad to see you're awake though."

He grabbed her hand and was surprised at her pure strength as she pulled his tired body upward. "Spero..."

"Still stuck on that nickname, eh?"

He didn't let go of her hand, raising it up higher and placing it onto his cheek. "I have thought about this moment since the day you left..."