Ch. 25: A Family Reunion

"Do you have ANY idea where they could be kept? Any at all?" Dark urged.

"My only guess — is — wait, maybe they'll have a similar scent to (Y/n)?" Anti snapped his fingers at the idea, "I mean — they're related so —"

Dark rolled his eyes, "You better be right."

"Listen, this nose doesn't lie, I just need her scent."

"And where are you going to find —"

Anti suddenly moved close to Dark's chest sniffing around the area. This left Dark and the other soldiers feeling a bit strange over the action. He allowed it to continue for a few more moments before shoving Contra away.

"Alright, that's enough!" He rose his voice just over a whisper.

Anti winked at him just to push his buttons further, "You should see the look on yer face."

"Do you have what you need?" Dark moved closer to Anti.

"Yeah, and I can smell'em already!"

"Good, then let's move."

The door was the only thing keeping them from getting in. It was going to be loud which meant they would have to move fairly fast once in.

Several men that had been brought along for the trip used their shoulders to break down the door. It fell with a thud in the large room. Each of them stared at everything around them.

Dark especially had a moment to himself. This was the home base that had ruined many of his plans as king and now he was here to rescue people. The tables had definitely turned.

Their flashlights attached to their weapons beamed in the dark room. It looked messy but organized at the same time with pipes moving around the room as well as weapons and technology and computer screens.

"They have more than I expected." Dark whispered. "I'm surprised."

"This way," Anti tugged on Dark's sleeve, "They're in the back."

The ex king signaled the others to ready their weapons. He was eager to meet her family and get them out.

Anti led them around the corner towards the back. It took several doors until they found the prisoners of war hidden. It wasn't just (Y/n)'s family in the back but many others which was going to be difficult for them.

"How many are there?" Contra began counting each door.

"I don't know, but we better start looking." He turned towards the soldiers behind him, "Can you all see in the dark? Do you possess that ability with your demonic DNA?"

All nodded their heads to their leader.

"Good, turn off your lights to avoid being detected by other prisoners. They may alert the rebellion."

One by one all the flash lights were turned off and weapons were kept down. Anti continued to lead the way, smelling every door he came across.

Contra was getting deep into concentration, enough so that he took to all fours in the process of smelling out her family. If he had a tail, it would be wagging.

Soon he was getting ahead of himself causing Dark and the others to run and catch up with him.

"Slow yourself, Contra!"

He ignored the command and continued all the way down the hall. He stopped abruptly after turning the corner. The room before him was entirely different from the cells they had just passed. He stood up and began to smell the door.