Ch.16: Community Pressure

"So how far am I along?" (Y/n) asked.

She and Dark sat patiently in the medical tent with Susan.

"It's hard to tell the development of the fetus because it's not a normal pregnancy. A human baby takes about 9 months to form and be born, but I've already witnessed pregnancies that last as short as two months where a fully developed baby is born." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh jeez, I can't imagine my body going through something...like that in two months..." She looked down at her hands.

"It was the only case I saw of it and the mother was fine. Typically we're looking at 4 to 6 months, and changes that are a lot easier to work with than a normal human pregnancy...but also mood swings that are violent or depressions that last days. It's a wide spectrum."

"What is the strangest thing you have encountered during one's pregnancy?" Dark asked.

"Well, often times the mothers go through a period of feral and instinctive actions and during the birth of a demon the mother ate the placenta like a wild animal."

(Y/n) gave Dark a disgusted look, "If I try to eat the placenta please, for the love of everything, stop me."

"Speaking of physical changes, your body may revert to a more — less advanced or less humanized demon. A demon that hasn't progressed like others."

"Our feral forms I'd assume," Dark spoke up. "I remember many demons acting such a way when I emerged. As the years went on they either died or grew into more...mannerly customs. Such as Anti."

(Y/n) looked over at him, "He was a feral demon?"

"Indeed he was. This was before our relationship, but I do remember the trouble he caused before evolving with the rest of us. Even I can revert back to a feral form if the situation was correct."

"Oh! Speaking of your friend Antisepticeye, he is doing well."

"That's right," (Y/n) began, "That whole mission was to get him out of there, what happened?"

"As storm as told me, they found him in the dungeon chained to the wall. He said it was the woman's doing, but he's awake now and I'm sure he'd be more than happy to see you two." Susan smiled.

(Y/n) gazed over at Dark, noticing some scars that weren't hidden by his clothing. She became vengeful for not only Dark but Anti now too.

The two said quick goodbyes and rushed towards the recovery tent which was heavily guarded. Upon seeing (Y/n) they allowed entry.

Inside the tent were cots going down two rows each side. All of them were empty but one had a curtain drawn over it at the very end. She made a running start and pulled back the curtain. Dark couldn't call to her quick enough.

She pulled back the curtain to see Anti sitting up and in the middle of eating a muffin. They locked eyes for a moment before he swallowed the piece.

"Anti!"

"Hey there, Lass." He smirked.

Her arms instinctively wrapped around his neck, almost knocking him over. One hand pat her back while the other held the muffin.

"Oh gosh," She leaned back, holding his shoulders. "I'm so glad you're alright."

"I mean I've been better."

(Y/n) sat down on the edge of his bed while Dark walked over to him.

"Anti." He smiled.

"Well well well, look who's here. Took ye long enough to get me."