Chapter 12

The other side of the battlefield looked stricken. Now that I was here, they have no chance of survival. Bella's shield won't work on me. I found a way to get past a shield thanks to centuries of practice.

"Aria. It's nice to see you again." smiled Carlisle.

"Carlisle. I'm afraid I can't say the same for you. Not in this situation." I smirked.

"Please Aria. Help us. Not them!" begged Bella.

I rolled my eyes. Then laughed.

"Why would you want to side with the witch twins?" Edward sneered out their name.

I hissed and sent a wave of pain to him. I smirked as he tried to get up, but ended up screaming.

"Dear dear Edward. Get your facts straight. Here's the real question. Why wouldn't I want to side with my own best friends?"

Gasps arose from the Cullen's side. The Volturi just smirked, knowing this was an easy battle.

"Best friends?!" shrieked Alice.

"And I thought you knew everything, dear Alice." I acted surprised.

This seemed to anger the Cullens even more, earning a few wolf whistles and chuckles from the Volturi. I smirked and put my hands on my hips.

"If I were you, I would surrender right now." I said, turning my back to the Cullens and walking to Aro.

"Master." I said bowing low.

"My dear, you have returned." Aro said smiling.

"Yes master."

I smiled and looked at my long lost best friends.

"Jane, Alec." I said, opening my arms for an embrace.

They ran towards me and hugged me tightly, sobbing a little. Everyone looked shocked. After all, the witch twins NEVER showed emotion.