Chapter 18

I ran to the music room and broke down crying. After two hours of incessant tears, I stormed back to my room and threw everything I had into a bag. I took a piece of paper from my drawer and scribbled a note. Leaving it on my bed along with my Volturi crest, I jumped down the window and ran towards my new life.

Alec's POV

I didn't mean to hurt her feelings! I couldn't control myself. It was like someone was controlling my actions and my body was doing things that my brain disagreed with. I tried to go and apologize but Demetri said that she needed time to cool off. Finally, after two hours of hard work, I made it past Demetri and took off towards her room. I knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

"Please open up. I can explain." I begged.

I sounded pathetic. But again, she did have her reasons. When she still didn't open the door, I kicked it down and saw there was no one in there. Only a note on the bed. I zoomed to it and picked it up.

To whom this may concern,

I have left the Volturi. Sorry for the short notice but you can all blame Alec. I am leaving and never coming back. And you will never find me. Hopefully.

From, you know who

I stared in disbelief at the very rushed and poorly written note. My eyes wandered to the Volturi crest that was lying on the bed and I let out a scream in agony. Immediately, three guards, along with Demetri, rushed with Aro.

"What is the matter, my dear boy?" asked Aro, full of concern.

I gave him the note and punched the wall. My sister tried to comfort me, but now, even the soothing remarks from my twin will not help me. Aro immediately told Demetri to go get Felix so the four of us, Jane, Felix, Demetri, and I, could find her. I just hope that we aren't too late.