I WAS GETTING THERE OSCAR

"YOU think who took Geoffrey?" Chris asked, sitting up straighter on the couch. The thin, brown woolen blanket that Adeline gave to him earlier, slid down the movie star's arm and settled in a heap in his lap.

     The Canadian frantically explained her conversation with Lillian, as she paced in front of the coffee table. Chris rubbed one eye and yawned when the journalist blurted, "I did a similar case with Lance that involved a mother using her newborn's birth certificate, so she could cross into another country."

     "Why was she running?" Chris' brows crinkled in confusion, his eyelids were nothing more then tiny slits looking up at her. He was bone-tired.

     "She was running from her abusive husband, so she crossed into the states from Canada, and the only thing that was required of her baby was their birth certificate." One hand on her hip, she continued to pace, while she flung her other free hand to express herself.

     "How do you know?"

     She was desperate to move along with her own theory about the case, however it was a struggle, for Chris kept asking irrelevant questions at the moment. 

     She stopped her pacing, stood facing him, and huffed, "I did some research back when I was doing the story for that case, and I found out that US and Canadian citizen infants are not required to have a passport for travel by land or sea, although they are required to present a copy of a birth certificate."

     As if a light bulb exploded in Chris' head, his eyebrows heaved, but then suddenly they formed a perplexed scrunch once more. "Okay, but how does this connect to Jasper's brother, Jasper was the one who asked for the—"

     "I know," she interrupted, and waved her hand impatiently. "But I believe the older brother was in on the abduction too."

     "How so?" he asked slowly, trying to digest all this fresh, yet shocking news.

     "If Jasper and his brother were super close as Lillian mentioned, I have no doubt that Jasper talked a lot about his son, Geoffrey, to him, and perhaps even suggested his plan to abduct his own son with his older brother's help. I believe the masked man who took Geoffrey, was Jasper's brother."

     "That could have been anyone though," Chris told with a shake of his head. The journalist couldn't understand why the actor was defending Jasper, or not seeing things from her perspective. 

     Adeline pointed a finger at him. "Ya, I agree, but where is Jasper now, and why did he stop talking to his ex girlfriend after three months—"

     "Grieving? He couldn't handle the loss of his missing son?" Chris suggested, and shrugged.

     "Aaand up and leaves a year afterwards?" Adeline, hands placed on either of her hips, emphasized and raised her eyebrows in a really, you don't find that in the least suspicious? kind of expression.

     Chris had to agree with her on this one peculiar component of the case. But something still seemed off, or missing, and he couldn't quite wrap his head around that small inkling. "Maybe he needed to move out of the country his son was born in? Even if they took him—"

     "They did, I can feel it," she pressed with conviction, and bit her bottom lip. Her hazel eyes, deep in thought and seemed to have been somewhere else, stared out the window past him.

     "If they did," Chris strongly stressed, "where would they have kept the kid for five years?" To Adeline, Chris sounded as if he were leaning towards the horrible assumption that the child was dead.