4| Partners

Connor's perspective

.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.

Look for Lt. Anderson

.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.

Connor walked back into the Detroit Police Department, making his way towards Reception. Although he had two partners, finding the most troubled officer first would put him at what he may describe as 'ease'.

"Can I help you?" One of the android's that was assigned to work at the desk asked him.

"I'm here to see Lieutenant Anderson."

"Do you have authorisation?"

"Yes."

He connected with the other android to authorise his entry.

"Lieutenant Anderson hasn't arrived yet, but you can wait at his desk."

He strutted through the department, looking around the area. He decided to ask another android.

"I'm looking for Lieutenant Anderson's desk."

"It's that desk right there." She gestured to one of the desks behind him.

He paced around for a moment until he found Hank's desk, which just so happened to be next to (Y/N)'s.

"Excuse me." He asked one of the human officers who was working a few desks away.

"Do you know what time Lieutenant Anderson usually arrives?"

"Depends on where he was the night before, if we're lucky we'll see him before noon."

"Thanks."

He sat down in the chair for a moment before regaining his composure & standing up, examining the desk.

He picked up a pair of headphones, analysing the music.

.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.

Knights of The Black Death

Dark Heavy Metal

Release date: 2021

.-.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.

He everted his attention to the screen where several Anti-Android slogans were stuck.

A Detroit Basketball cap was hanging on the edge of the monitor, & a pack of matches still sat on the table, there were also articles written about the Lieutenant & the Red Ice Dealers scandal.

On the back of his chair were Saint Bernard canine hairs, Connor figured he must have a dog. There was a photo taken in 2027 of the Red Ice Task Force that was written on, saying things such as 'A Good Cop' & 'Real Police'.

A box of donuts that was nearly empty was sitting at the edge of the Lieutenant's desk, a sticky note was on the top of the box with the sentence

'I owe you for last time, so take these

-(Y/N) '

Written on the paper.

Cold coffee & an almost dead looking Japanese Maple Bonsai Tree were the last items there, along with the very last photo.

It sat in a black, bold frame in the corner next to the monitor, it was a picture of Hank & (Y/N), his hand on her shoulder as she showed the camera her new badge. It was taken in 2036, so it must've been when (Y/N) was transfered. Hank was giving a half-smile whilst the woman beamed with pride. They could've easily been mistaken for father & daughter despite any skin differences, solely by how happy they both looked.