15| The Hope Of A People

Reader's perspective

(Y/N), Hank & Connor were in the elevator, waiting to reach the 79th floor of the Stratford Tower. Connor was fiddling with his coin, tossing it from hand to hand & spinning it on his fingertips, (Y/N) was quite intrigued. Hank, not so much.

The Lieutenant snatched the coin off the android.

"You're starting to piss me off with that coin, Connor."

"Sorry Lieutenant."

"You don't need to apologise Connor, Hank's just unhappy cause we got him up at a reasonable time this morning."

She threw a wink at the hard-boiled police officer & he rolled his eyes.

They eventually reached their floor.

"Hi Hank, (Y/N)."

"Looks like you guys had a bit too much fun whilst we were gone." (Y/N) looked at the scene.

"Shit, what's going on here? There was a party & nobody told me about it."

"Yeah," Chris continued. "it's all over the news, so everybody's butting their nose in...Even the FBI wants a piece of the action."

"Well, ain't that a pile of shit." (Y/N) puffed.

"Ah Christ, now we got the Feds on our back... I knew this was gonna be a shitty day."

"Only because Connor & I got you up at 10 this morning & you literally said 'I know today's gon' be a shitty day' as soon as you got out of bed."

"Why couldn't you let me sleep in? I was tired for god's sake."

"Yes, but it takes you at least 2 hours to finally get your ass into action & start your day."

"Heh," Hank shrugged in defeat "she's right about that."

(Y/N) looked back at Connor who was observing the scene around him.

Wonder what goes on in that brain of his...

"So, what do we got?"

All 4 of them started getting a good look at the room they were standing in.

"A group of four androids," Chris said. "They knew the building & they were very well organised. I'm still trying to figure out how they got this far without being noticed."

"Alright..." (Y/N) started "We'll get a good scope of the area, look for anything that could lead us to any potential suspects."

They walked into the room right next to where the message was apparently broadcasted.

"One of the station employees managed to get away," Chris stated. "He's in shock, not sure when we'll be able to talk to him..."

They are good...

They could've killed that man but they chose to spare him.

They are as humane as we are.

"How many people were working here?" Hank asked.

"Just 2 employees & 3 androids. The deviants took the humans hostage & broadcast their message live. They made their getaway from the roof."

"The roof?" Both (Y/N) & Hank said in unison.

"Yeah, they jumped with parachutes... We're still trying to figure out where they landed, but the weather's not helping."

Connor followed (Y/N)'s gaze, she was looking into the 'Broadcast' room.

"If you want to take a look at the video broadcast by the deviants, it's on that screen over there." Chris made sure to tell them every detail he could.