34 - Manny and Sid.

Jet: Please tell me the Ice Age has finally ended?

I haven't seen Logan for two weeks, and I am dying.

I hated that she was so smart and actually cared about her exams and doing well, and was therefore really taking this freeze out of me seriously. We texted and talked on the phone every day, but she was sticking to her original plan of not seeing me for fear that I would distract her too much from her studying.

Upside was that I was working full-time with Dad considering my course didn't have exams and I had  finished high school for good, thank fuck for that. Subsequently, because I was kept busy most of the day, I didn't have to think about how much I missed her.  And because I was available to work more now that I'd finished school, it meant jobs got done a lot quicker at work, and Dad and I then had more time to work on our renovations at home, which we'd started on as soon as the building permits came through, taking barely any time at all to be approved thanks to Dad and James' name on the application and plans.

Even though I was busy, I desperately wanted to see Logan; and I knew she had her last exam today, hence my text hoping there was finally an end to my freeze out.

My phone chimed and I almost dropped it from laughing at her reply, which was a picture from the film Ice Age, where Manny the Woolly Mammoth was glaring at Sid the Sloth, who was clearly taunting and pissing him off somehow. It looked surprisingly like me and Logan, except in real life, I was the mammoth-sized one and she was much quicker and less lazy than a sloth. Fuck, she was so funny.

Jet: You really are something else entirely, Logan.

Logan: You really are a fucking dream, Jet.

Jet: Ugh, you're killing me, woman. Can we date yet?

Logan: Pick a day.

Jet: You're really not going to argue me on this?

Logan: . . . I could, but I've missed you. And I finally attained my freedom as of ten minutes ago, so why not?

Ohmygod. Ohmygod. Ohmygod. I'm freaking out. I think a part of me was still holding the belief that this moment would never come. Now it has, I don't know what to say.

Logan: Quit freaking out and pick a day before I change my mind.

Jet: Today, right now, this very second.

Logan: It's 12:15. You're still at work, Jet.

Jet: I don't care. I'll say I'm sick.

Logan: You can't do that to your dad.

Jet: He'll understand, and probably support me playing hooky if it meant seeing you.

After some more back and forth, and a call from one of the blokes on site to give him a hand with something, I agreed to wait until the weekend for a proper date, but wouldn't back down from seeing her later today, which she eventually accepted, resorting to her standard 'I'm only agreeing to this because I actually want to see your family' argument I've heard a few times before.

Since I wasn't picking Madden up after school anymore now I was working full-time, and Dad and I had the renovations to work on, we'd been leaving sites a little early to pick him up and coming home to work for a few more hours until dinnertime. And today, Logan was at home waiting for me when Dad and I got there after picking Madden up from school, sitting cross-legged in the chair on our front porch, reading a book.