5 . big brother, little sister

Renesmee sits on the grass and looks up towards her brothers room, thinking. How can I cheer him up? She wonders, playing with a blade of grass in her delicate fingers. She heard her family all talking about what he did yesterday, and she doesn't like that he feels the way he does. Of course he's allowed to feel that way, but she doesn't like that he does. She's a little mad at her dad for letting him go all those years ago, for letting this happen to him, but she also knows that a lot went on.

But he's still her big brother, and she's still his little sister (even if he denies it sometimes), so she wants to cheer him up. She throws the blade of grass aside and skips inside, going to the DVD collection and skimming over it. She grabs a few superhero movies and heads upstairs, just as her aunt Rosalie comes down them.

"Where are you going, little lady?" She smiles.

"To see Arthur." She says happily as she keeps walking.

"Be careful, Nessie, okay?" She calls, smiling a little. What a little sweetheart.

Renesmee skips to the door and stretches up, pulling the handle down and peaking in. She sees Arthur fast asleep, his face scrunched in discomfort and something deeper - fear. She quietly goes over and climbs into the bed with him, pulling the covers over herself as she strokes his head. He rolls over and leans into her, his head nestled against her as she cuddles him. She may be younger than him, but she feels protective of him.

"It's okay, Arthur, I'm here." She says gently as she sends some soothing images into his head. She sends one's of Esme smiling, Rosalie and Emmett play fighting; and of the movie date they shared a few days ago. She hopes he enjoyed it as much as she did. She knows that he wasn't best pleased to find out about her - let's be honest everyone was the same - but she hopes she can show him she cares, that they can get along.

He seems to stay settled for a while, until he wakes with a start. He looks around a little dazed then look over at Renesmee. "Hey kid." He mumbles as he sits up slowly, rubbing his eyes. "What're you doing here? Where's dad?"

"He's out, gone somewhere with grandpa. Grammy went to the store and the others are downstairs. Did you sleep okay?" she smiles.

Arthur smiles gently; he truly did, now he knows why. "Yes, thanks, I did. I don't suppose you had anything to do with it at all?" He teases gently. He keeps his bandaged arm low, across his torso.

Renesmee giggles small. "Maybeeeee... Can I tell you something, Arthur?" She asks after a moment, her face going neutral.

He nods. "Of course you can, kid."

"It... It makes me sad to see you upset." She whispers, looking at her lap as her hair drapes across her creating a sort of curtain. "It makes me sad - I want you to be happy coz you're my big brother. I want to do the things the story's say, I want you to look out for me and for me to help you with your messy love life. I want to have Christmas and birthdays with you and my mom and our dad. I don't want you to go." She sniffles a little and rubs her eyes.

Arthur frowns deeply. "Oh..." He says slowly, unsure of what to say at all. "Well - I'm not going anywhere. This?" He nods to his arm. "This was just a silly mistake, I don't even remember doing it. I don't want to go anywhere either... I want to get to know you, be with the family again. Don't worry, I'll always look out for you." He ruffles her hair gently.

A moment later she jumps in Arthur's lap, taking him completely by surprise. She squeezes her eyes shut as she wraps her arms around his neck and squeezes just a little; it takes a second but he wraps his arms around her carefully and closes his eyes too. "Promise you won't ever leave?" she whispers.