18. these days

Holly leans on the counter, admiring the kitchen. Her kitchen. Alllll hers. It's weird that someone else bought their house, but it's a huge relief to have their own space. It's been a week now and they don't know what to do with themselves, there's so much space and privacy. Of course, the Cullen family and the wolves come here most days now to see them, but they don't mind. At the end of the day, it's just her and Arthur; and when they first wake up too.

Speaking of. Arthur comes downstairs in his Hello Kitty bottoms and nothing else, his hair a mess as he scratches his head yawning. "I smell coffee." He grumbles.

Holly laughs and straightens up, pouring him a mug as he wraps his arms around her. "Yes well when you snore and wake me up at 6 on the dot I need coffee to make me not stab you." She teases.

He laughs and kisses her cheek repeatedly. "You love it."

She rolls her eyes and hands him his coffee, gently pushing him away. "Whatever dork. Let me go get the mail." She pecks his lips and heads out in her slippers, just down the drive way. Its nowhere near as long as the Cullens, so she doesnt mind going to get it.

Arthur watches as he sips his coffee, smiling wide; things seem perfect right now. Maybe a bit too much so, but they deserve a bit of perfect time after everything these last six or so months. He looks down at his scars for a moment and sighs, the old bullet and surgical scars evident reminders of that time.

"Hey, this looks important." Holly frowns as she stares at one of the envelopes she flicked too.

Arthur sets his mug down and holds his hand out, taking it a moment later. "It's got a legal stamp." He mutters, opening it.

Holly watches nervously as he reads, his frowning eyebrows shooting up in surprise as he stands from leaning on the counter, slowly walking to the couch. "Holy... Shit..."

"What? Arthur what is it?" she demands as she rushes after him and sits beside him.

He slumps down. "That's a lot of zeros." He mumbles.

Holly snatches the letter and her jaw drops. "How much!?"

Arthur runs a hand through his hair as he stares at his wife to be. "That's just the start, by the sounds of it. Dad said he kicked up a stink about me getting something but this? Holy shit."

Holly and Arthur lean over and stare at the check on the coffee table, both unable to process that amount of money. They sit in silence, taking in every number, every zero, beside the dollar sign. Neither of them have seen such a number.

"What are you guys doing?"

Neither look away from the check as Holly replies to Seth. "Processing..." she mumbles.

Seth peaks over their shoulders. "HOLY SHIT!"

"Uh huh."

"Where did - what - huh?" Seth asks as he sits beside them and states too.

"No idea." Holly says.

Seth bursts into a smile. "We're rich!!!"

"We? Oh not a chance." Holly snatches the check. "We are not doing anything with this until we find out why it was given to Arthur."

Both guys groan. "Oh Cmon. I could buy a new bike with that-"

"You have one."

"-Or a 4 wheeler-"

"You don't need one."

"-Or a new house-" Arthur continues, refusing to let her knock his dreams.