23. big little sister

Arthur wakes early the next morning and decides to cook his wife breakfast. He hums as he cooks, flipping a pancake as he does. "You got better." A voice says.

Arthur drops the pan. "Shit! Renesmee what the heck!" he hisses.

She smiles. "Surprise. I missed you."

"Great I missed you too, now go. You can't be here." He snaps, whispering loudly.

She scowls. "I can and I want to. You've gotten mean."

Arthur glares. "What do you want."

She glares back crossing her arms. "I want things to go back to normal, you selfish jerk."

He rolls his eyes. "Oh charming, that'll work. Go, I don't want you here. I'm happy."

"You are? Great, you can be happy at home too without some whore in your bed." She smiles.

"That's my wife." He snaps.

Renesmee laughs loudly. "W-wife!?" She sniggers, trying to compose herself. "Oh god, you drunk married someone, didn't you. Oh, Emmett owes me 50 bucks."

Arthur scowls. "You bet... Yknow what, doesn't matter. Out."

"You're so boring." She whines.

Lucy comes out slowly in Arthur's blue button-down shirt from yesterday, the sleeves rolled up. "Who's... This?" she says slowly.

"Hi! I'm Renesmee, his sister." She holds her hand out.

"She's actually just leaving," Arthur says, his expression firm.

Lucy looks between the two. "I feel like I interrupted?"

"Yes."

"No." Arthur snaps glaring at his sister. "Ness has issues with privacy. I apologise."

"Don't apologise for me." Renesmee glares and smiles sweetly at Lucy. "Soooo how did you meet?"

"Ness, seriously." Arthur snaps.

Lucy backs up. "I'm gonna.. Go shower. Let ya'll have your moment." She hurries away and closes the door quickly.

"Oh thank god she's gone," Renesmee says.

Arthur throws the spatula at her and she just ducks. "Go. Away."

"I came to tell you something." She sits on the counter and swings her legs. "Something you reaaaaally want to know."

Arthur rolls his eyes and crosses his arms. "Yeah?"

"Dad's coming."

"I know."

Renesmee groans. "Awh who told you? I wanted to see your face when you heard." she smiles.

He rolls his eyes - again. "Immature. Don't you have a pack of mutts guarding you all the time? Why was this the one time they slipped up?"

She grins. "Running away is SO FUN! I see why you did it."

He laughs once. "Yeah, you get away from the little peeves in life."

She ignores the jab and smiles. "So what are we doing today?"

"Lucy and I are going to hang out." He says, emphasising her name.

Ness smirks. "Oh yay, I can join-"

"No. You're going to go home, Renesmee."

"No!" She snaps, angry now. "You made a promise to me! You promised me you would never willingly leave and you then go and get almost murdered and then leave!" She yells.