Chapter 4

You stirred the coffee at the pantry. You made it for Jungkook as per Hyunjoo instructions.

"Good morning" said a voice. You turned and a woman smiling to you. She looked beautiful with her long straight black hair.

"Good morning." You said back. She then came closed to you.

"You're Y/l/n right. Mr. Jeon's new secretary."

"Yeah. That's me. Call me Y/n."

"Nice to meet you, Y/n. My name is Jihyo. I work at finance department." She took out her hand and you shook her hand smiling.

"How was it working with a handsome boss?"

"Huh? I don't know. Okay...maybe" You answered confusely. Jihyo looked at you with a surprised expression.

"Maybe...? You don't like him?"

"No...no. It's not that. But I prefer talk about work rather than this don't you think?" You explained. Jihyo then smiled.

"Oh! Don't get me wrong. It's just that I always heard the girls here always talking and admiring our boss a lot. Sometimes it gave me a headache and make me thinks 'like duh...he's not the only hot guys you can see here.'" You laughed.

"So you don't like our boss?" You asked.

"Kind of. He always give this serious vibe everywhere he goes. Not really my type of men. Is he your type?" You shook your head.

"No, but actually I don't really care. I work here because they pay me good." Jihyo quite surprised to hear that but she nodded eventually.

"So you and I are the same. I like you. Can we be friends?" Again she let her hand out. You took it and you're shake your hands together smiling.

"I have to go now. This coffee need to be on the table before he come."

"Oh..okay..okay. But before that, do you want to have lunch together?"

"Sure do. Meet me at my desk later can you?"

"Okay. Now go." Jihyo waved at you and she also went back to her place.

You quickly took your steps to the office and put the coffee mug on Jungkook's table. You went out and opened your organizer to check today's schedule and be ready for Jungkook to come. Later, you heard footsteps came towards you and quickly got up from your desk. You saw both Hyunjoo and Jungkook came together.

"Good morning Mr. Jeon. Good morning Mr. Lee."

"Oh! Good morning Y/n. I told you to call me Hyunjoo." Hyunjoo cheerfully greeted you and went to his room while Jungkook just nodded and went straight to his office door but before the door get closed he spoke,

"Come to my office, Miss Yoo." Being prepared, you immediately came in with a notebook and pen in your hands. You then stood in front of his desk. Jungkook sat and looked at his desk. You were nervously waiting. 'It seems she already prepared my desk' he thought while carefully wandered his eyes around. The computer is on. The files he needed were on table neatly organized. Today's newspaper on the side next to his coffee. Jungkook nodded approving the work. You let out a small sigh felt relieved.

"What's on schedule today?"

"You only have one meeting with all operation divisions today to continue your discussion on yesterday event at 2 pm."

"Did you already sent the meeting note to all HODs(Head of Division)?"

"Yes. I also already prepared the papers and presentation slides in the meeting room."

"Good. Then, send a reminder again to them after this. You don't have to be in the meeting room. Hyunjoo will take all the notes. After meeting, you will seat with him and make a progress report together. Learn from him."

"Yes sir. Anything else?"

"Nothing. You can go back to your seat and start sending the reminders. Call Hyunjoo to come in." You nodded and went back to door. Closing the door, you went to Hyunjoo and told him to go meet Jungkook. Hyunjoo smiled and got up before disappearing in Jungkook's office.

You still immersed with your work when Jihyo suddenly appeared in front of your desk. She knocked the desk twice. You were startled a bit and looked up and saw Jihyo making a gesture showing her watch.

"It's already lunch time. Come on." You took your purse and went together with Jihyo. Both of you ate as fast as you could since you still needed to be back at your place early to take care of things while Jungkook and Hyunjoo in meeting.

After 2 hours of meeting, You sat together with Hyunjoo to make the report. You learnt a lot from Hyunjoo. Hyunjoo was quite impressed with you as you were far better than he thought.

"Can I ask you something Y/n?"

"Yes. What is it?"

"You are quite good in this secretarial task. Do you have any experiences from elsewhere? Cause I don't see it in your resume. Your qualification also doesn't related to this field." You startled. You actually had done this before but it was long time ago. It was when you had to help your fath...you shook your head to keep your mind of it. Hyunjoo looked at you weird. He waved his hand in front of you calling your name. You were hesitated at first but you decided to speak about it.

"I was once helped doing secretarial task in a company when I was in a college. It's like a part of learning experiences I like to take. I did it just for a while during semester breaks."

"Oh I see. No wonder you seems so good in this." Both of you continued the work.

"Miss Yoo, I need you to make 3 copies of this documents and send each copy to COO(Chief Operation Officer) and CFO(Chief Finance Officer) office. Keep another one in this file," suddenly Jungkook came and made both of you startled. You looked at Hyunjoo a bit and then got up taking the documents from Jungkook's hand. You walked past by Jungkook while your head slightly down. Jungkook watched you going then turned back to Hyunjoo and then spoke,

"She doesn't speak much hyung." Hyunjoo furrowed his eyebrows.

"She always talking to me but yeah not much. Why? Is it something weird?"

"Yes."

"Care to explain? I don't understand what do you mean." Hyunjoo asked. He felt weird with Jungkook's statement.

"Yes it is weird because usually women here tend to come close to me to get my attention especially previous secretaries, they tried to talk and always bother me in my office. I really hate that.  Somehow I feel that Y/n is not like those women but it's not just that. I think she doesn't like me at all." Hyunjoo chuckled. He felt funny.

"Since when do you care about a woman? Isn't this something you really hope for? Your secretary doesn't bother you."

Sudden realization hits Jungkook. Wasn't this what he wanted after all.

"Yes it is. Hmm, but yeah I shouldn't be bothered with it." Jungkook went to his office looked so satisfied. Hyunjoo just watched him went in and shook his head.