Better (Ross)

"It never seems like you truly understand what you're really talking about. It's like, random words you phrase together to make a sentence." You responded to Joey who only frowned back in response.

You continued to sip your coffee slowly as Chandler laughed. You chuckled along with him after setting your coffee down.

"Where's Ross?" He asked you.

Turning your head to face him, you shrugged.

"I don't know, why would I know?"

Chandler smiled, setting his arm back on the couch. "Well, you two did date for a while."

You nodded. "It's over now so I don't have to stalk my crush anymore, middle school boy."

Chandler rolled his eyes, sighing deeply as he looked over to Joey for backup. He put his hands up defensively before Chandler turned back to face you.

"I'm not saying you stalked him. You two spent so much time together though, so, one would only assume you knew where he goes."

You nodded. "Yeah, but I don't keep up with him anymore. He's with Julie now, so, everything is okay."

"Is it?" He asked.

You nodded, looking down at your heels. "Everything is perfect. Nothing to worry about here. Not like I'm jealous of some dinosaur fossil studying bitch or anything."

Joey laughed. "You are so jealous of her!"

"Well, shut up!" You said back, grabbing your coat and walking out of Central Perk and back to your apartment.

You didn't keep up with Ross anymore. You two might've been a thing at one point in time but not anymore and it was time you finally move on- as hard as it was going to be.

It would only be better.

For the both of you.

-
treat people with kindness.

-katherine