Chapter Twenty Three

Sky's POV:

I stayed near Maya the entire time, sipping my drink she graciously bought me. After about three hours of being quiet she began to frown.

"Where the hell is she?" She growled. I opened my mouth to ask what she was talking about, but before I could get a word out she stood up and yanked my leash to make me follow. She dragged me to a guy leaning against the wall.

"Where is she" She snapped. His eyes betrayed his confusion. He drunkly stumbled to his feet.

"Who? Oh the whore..She went to the bathroom" He slurred. Maya's eyes blazed and she stomped her way to the bathroom while I hurried to keep pace, wanting to avoid getting my neck rubbed raw by the collar. She kicked open each stall but it was empty.

How did Sage escape?

Maya whipped out her phone and dialed a number instantly. She dragged me outside so she could hear the call easier.

"Pet services how may I hel—"

"My Pet, Sage is missing. Serial number 28291. Blonde hair, Green eyes. She has a leash and a green collar. Latest Shock device version 10.2" She said, cutting off the operator. A few more words were exchanged including her current address and other stuff I didn't understand.

Then she hung up the phone and yanked my leash yet again to pull me closer to her. I knew she was angry, so I flinched. Instead of hurting me she sat down on the steps in front of the back door, pulled me down with her and pet my hair.

"She couldn't of gone far. She doesn't have her dress. For all I know right now she's getting gang banged by a bunch of homeowners." She sighed. Then stood up.

"Cmon. We're going back to the hotel. Maybe I can track her" She said, partly to herself. I stood up with her and followed her all the way back to the hotel.

(Time Skip)

Sage's POV:

The night air practically ripped through me. It was hella cold. The jacket, shirt, pants, and boots I had stolen weren't doing much. The clothing store owner didn't seem to recognize me.

Thank whatever being is out there that I managed to take the collar off.

I had found a sharp metal piece and used it to cut the collar off. It would help me blend in better. The clothing store owner probably called the police on me by now, I didn't pay for the clothes. I couldn't. I didn't have any money.

I had moved away from the beach, farther inland. The moon reflected off the ocean, making it turn beautiful colors.

I'm tired, cold, hungry. I can't do this for much longer! How far is the docks?!

I trudged on, nearly running into someone. I automatically turned to apologize, then I stopped dead.

"Sage?"

(Time Skip)

Sky's POV:

Back at the hotel I sat on the couch while Maya paced back and forth tapping things on her iPad and making calls. Someone had reportedly found Sage's collar and a piece of broken metal with her fingerprints on it. She had removed her own collar. Maya was furious.

I jumped as she slammed her phone down for the fifth time, then angrily sat down on the couch and grabbed my hair.

"I've never lost a pet. You understand me? NEVER. Sure they've tried but each one failed. She's broken my reputation and oh when I get my hands on her I'll make her wish she never even set foot out of the house!" She snarled. I closed my eyes against the harsh grip on my hair. I let out a few whimpers, hoping she would realize she was hurting me. She did thank god and let me go. She finished off her third glass of beer and sighed.