Chapter Twenty Seven

Sky's POV:

She kept a chain attached to my collar on me at all times. I couldn't get to the door, I nearly choked myself trying. Only the bathroom and windows. She hated it when I was by the windows. She had all my food bought to me and kept a tight schedule. Zach was allowed to visit me sometimes and keep me company. I begged her to let him stay with me for one night but she wasn't having it.

I heard the click of her heels and quickly sat on the bed, just as the door opened and she walked in carrying nothing but a glass of something weird colored.

Maybe she's drinking again.

She smiled and sat on the bed next to me. I saw Zach outside and I gave him a smile. He returned it.

"Here" She said, practically shoving the glass in my face. I took it and bought it up to my nose to sniff. It smelled like nothing, like Water. But the color was like an almost tinted Grey. I looked at Maya, she seemed impatient.

"It's either you drink it or I force it down your throat. Have it your way" She snapped impatiently. I drank the water.

Immediately the effects began to kick in. The room swirled and I stood up, only to nearly fall over. She caught me and made me lie down. I saw Zach come into the room with a guilty look on his face. That's the last thing I saw before I blacked out.

(Time Skip)

Sage's POV:

Being with my family wasn't the same. They gave me plenty of space and I talked to the police about everything. The case was looking grim. It's like Maya and Krystal never existed at all. But a girl named Sky had been reported missing from Utah months ago. She looked exactly like the Sky I knew, only with a little bit longer hair. She seemed to just disappear.

There were things I wasn't used to. At dinner I started to wait for everyone to be finished like I had done for Maya until my dad coaxed me to eat. Wearing pants felt weird again and I nearly called my own mother Mistress when she came to wake me up the other day. They didn't ask about what happened to me and I didn't give anything. Once I caught myself about to put on a dress. I didn't realize what I was doing. I was going crazy.

What has she done to me!?

(Time Skip)

Sky's POV:

I woke up and almost immediately vomited onto the floor. I barely heard the door open and jumped when I felt Maya's hand rubbing my back.

"Here. Milk should help. I was aware that it would make you a little uncomfortable but not vomit. You need it to sleep." She said, handing me a glass. I greedily drank it and she took it from me just as I finished. She grabbed a fistful of my chain and tugged.

"Come on. You're taking a bath" She said. I stood up to follow her, only to let out a cry of pain and collapse onto the bed again. My body was painfully sore. She sighed and tugged harder.

"Come on Sky I know it hurts. Making a bath will make it better I promise" She said. Her voice was soft, caring. Almost caring. I slowly stood up, biting my lip to keep from crying out. I noticed Zach at the door with the same guilty look on his face. He mouthed I'm sorry just as Maya pulled me into the bathroom.

What was he sorry about?

Maya turned on the water and waited for the tub to fill up before telling me to get in. I slowly did as she asked, climbing in and sitting down. The warm water did definitely help. Instead of leaving the door though she waited for me in there, texting on her phone.

"Can Zach come here?" I asked. I noticed my voice was almost hoarse. When was I screaming?

Maya sighed and finally looked up, sending me a glare that made me shut up and look at the water.