|10|

Her lips were warm against his, exploring tentatively. He could feel her hesitation as her lips brushed against his.

His hands came to cup her face gently, coaxing her lips with a deeper pressure. His tongue ran across her bottom lip, seeking asylum with hers.

Leora gasped at the strange new feelings. Her lips parted gently allowing him entry; the sensual touch of his tongue caressing hers causing a moan to escape from the girl. Behind her eyes, it was like fireworks were shooting off- a mixture of tingles from his touch and new sensations sparking new reactions within her.

Her helpless sound only drove Adam further. The kiss quickly turned more frantic and passionate- the only thing he could think about was his mouth on hers, and how he wanted to devour her completely.

Leora pulled back, gasping for breath, her lips utterly swollen from Adam's sweet torture. She could feel his sharp pants against her neck as he tried to catch his breath. They had been drowning in each other; completely consumed in one another that any other need seemed unimportant. Who needed air when they had each other.

Adam leaned his forehead against the side of Leora's head, taking in a deep breath of her ever-present, light floral scent. A soft groan passed through his parted lips, the sounds making the hairs on the back of Leora's neck raise as wetness pooled between her legs.

Adam could smell her arousal, a growl finding its way from his throat. His mouth descending on hers once more with a hungry abandon, his fingers trailing down her side to pull her knee against his thigh. Leora moaned at the feeling, she could feel him pressed into her core.

She pulled back, a strange mix of fear and anticipation stirring within her; if that is how good it felt to be with him then how could she ever possibly stop? The idea terrified her; she didn't want to go too far too fast with him.

Adam didn't seem at all bothered by their growing intimacy. Somehow this only made her more unnerved; he was ready for things that she had never thought about.

Sensing her sudden discomfort, Adam pulled away gently. "Is everything alright, beautiful?"

"Yes," Leora cleared her throat with a shy smile. She pulled back, straightening her clothes whilst mumbling: "It's just a bit much."

"I apologise, when it comes to you I can't seem to control myself, my soul." Adam ran a hand through her hair gently. "But I said that I will take only what you give and I meant every word."

He kissed her lips sweetly a few more times before pulling away and leading her to the door. "Why don't you rest for a few hours, beautiful? When I'm finished with work we'll have lunch together."

"Okay," She nodded, pulling out her cane to guide her way back to their room.

***

Once his mate had left, Adam sighed deeply. He loved spending time with her and it wouldn't be too long before he fell for her. Her absence had reminded him of the work he actually had to complete.

Unrest had begun to break out amongst a couple packs after one Alpha, Alpha Damien, had attempted to encroach on another packs territory. The breakout of war was seemingly imminent; but there was still hope to resolve the matter peacefully. Adam didn't want to fight, but he knew that if the situation called for it he would have to pick a side. All he could hope was that that diplomacy did not fail.

Adam sighed once more, picking up the phone on his desk. He dialled the number before waiting, it rang twice before it was picked up.

"Ah Adam, to what do I owe this pleasure."