|18|

A few days had passed since the couple had made up. They found themselves far fonder of each other's company and spent as much time as they could together. Of course it was less time than they were used to, much to Adam's chagrin, considering that Leora had begun to teach the pack the skills and knowledge that she had to offer.

The couple had agreed that twice a week Leora would teach- one lesson about blindness, the other focused on martial arts. The remaining days she spent with Adam, helping him make important decisions regarding the pack. The time that she spent amongst their fellow pack members allowed her to give her mate valuable insights to make better decisions.

Leora felt a little more relaxed now that she had more to do, it was fulfilling for her to be able to do her own thing. She would also never say, but she was both proud and glad that Adam had given her a little bit more freedom.

Adam could see that his mate was of a happier disposition, though he was unsure whether that was because of their recent compromise or the fact that he had very skillful fingers. He was willing to attribute it to both.

Either way, he was glad that she was brighter. It came at the perfect time too because both Alpha's had called early that morning to inform Adam that they would be arriving that day.

Though Leora was nervous about meeting more Alpha males, the support and faith she received from her mate was comforting. Adam had personally talked her through the entire thing, including who both Alphas were and what they were like. He also gave her a firm promise that he would be by her side at all times; it eased Leora's mind greatly.

The first to arrive was Alpha Damien and his entourage. Although this was supposed to be a calm, business discussion, Alpha Damien had brought a small group of warriors, his Beta and Gamma along with two female slaves.

Adam couldn't sense their rank, and by the sheer terror and submission on their faces, he surmised they were humans.

The practice of taking human females was an ancient custom based on the outdated belief that humans were below Werewolf kind. Luckily, most wolves had moved on, but there were still those that maintained the prejudicial attitude.

"Alpha Adam." Damien's address as he walked up to the couple, deliberately ignoring Leora's presence.

"Alpha Damien." Adam nodded tersely, "I'm glad you and your...companions...arrived safely."

Adams' arm, which had a secure hold on his mate's waist, flexed in discomfort. He knew that Damien was a xenophobic bastard, but he would not tolerate disrespect for his mate. Especially not on his territory.

"This is my mate and Luna, Leora." Adam introduced politely. Damien simply grunted, barely paying the girl any attention.

Leora could sense the tense atmosphere swallowing them up; she wanted nothing more than to rectify the problem. So she smiled gently, wrapping her hand around Adams arm, stroking his bicep in a comforting manner. Whether it was for his or her benefit, she wasn't entirely sure.

"It's a pleasure to have you in our pack," Leora welcomed the arrivals courteously.

Adam smiled, knowing that Leora was acting as a Luna should as well as being her pleasant self and trying to cut the tension. He was proud that although in the presence of a less than friendly Alpha, the woman stood her ground as a proud leader.

Damien gave Adam's Luna a once-over, just barely containing his disgust. It wasn't a good idea to piss off his hosts so, although it hurt his pride to bow to human scum, he clenched his jaw painfully as he muttered: "Thank you, both, for the hospitality."

Adam asked a few of his pack members to help get their visitors settled, showing them to their confinements. Once they were out of earshot, he then asked that Leora would personally see to the care of the two human girls that had been brought along.