|22|

Leora and Adam parted ways with a short, sweet peck. Leora was keen to check in on the two human girls as well as time away from Adam to think about what he had asked her.

She knew whatever she chose, she would be uprooting someone's life but if it was for the betterment of everyone then surely it was justified? She decided she would make a mental pro's and con's list; it was the only way that she would be able to decide which was the better option.

The girls were pleasantly surprised to see Leora, she had come just as they finished eating. The two had been somewhat lighter since their chat with Adam and Leora. They truly believed that they would be able to get away from Damien and his mistreatment which was more than a blessing to them.

Leora could feel that energy, it was practically tangible in the room. After a short conversation that revealed the atrocities that went on Leora knew that something had to be done.

"We can't thank you enough for all that you've done." Marianne spoke on behalf of the two girls, the fact that the other girl- Spiraea- never seemed to talk.

"Adam and I feel strongly about your case. We're more than happy to help in any way we can." Leora spoke both truthfully and politely.

"I just wish there was something we could do in return," Marianne smiled.

The quiet girl suddenly sprouted up, she knew her friend was wrong. Spiraea leaned in whispering to the other girl's ear who's eyes lit up, nodding furiously.

"Spiraea has knowledge valuable to the two Alpha's," Marianne quickly corrected.

Leora's pale, glassy eyes widened in surprise. She trusted both girls, and she knew that they wouldn't want anyone - man or wolf- to suffer under Damien. Whatever they had to say would probably be with hearing.

"They're at a meeting right now, would you mind sitting in on it?" Leora asked, her voice hesitant, "I also have to speak to Adam."

Leora could instantly feel the tension, after knowing what these girls had been through it felt wrong of her to ask them to make themselves vulnerable again. She knew that neither Adam or Vincent would hurt either of the girls, but they didn't know that.

Spiraea was most weary, she had suffered at the hand of one Alpha she could hardly bear to be in a room with two others. Although she knew that Adam was different, the sheer power that she knew they both possessed was terrifying.

Marianne looked over at her companion, no doubt knowing what she was thinking. They had been together for almost 4 years and had suffered the worst of Damiens torture together.

Though she was fearful, Spiraea knew what she had to do. She gave Marianne a quick nod and a small, forced smile, though it took a gargantuan effort.

"Okay, we'll go," Marianne took a deep breath as Leora extended her hands to them. Both girls cautiously took her lead before they were carted off down the hall headed towards, what was quite possibly, their worst nightmare.

***

"Adam, this is my pack. I need more than a 'maybe'!" Vincent urged, his tone turning desperate.

Adam had caught him up on his plan to extend Willsden Brooke. Though Vincent's current infatuation with his mate, he was less than pleased with the lack of decision that hung about them.

"I know Vince, but the decision is Leora's to make." Adam shook his head, scratching the 5 o'clock shadow on his chin.

"Can't you convince her?"

"I can't coerce her. I'm too close to the decision to give her advice, it wouldn't be fair." Adam's will was adamant, he wanted Leora to make this choice of her own volition. That was her right, as a spokesperson for both her species and her former town.