|28|

She and Adam lazed together beside the lake, their limbs a messy tangle of flesh, wanting nothing more than to bask in their private solace for a while longer.

They talked a little about the wedding beginning the mass of planning that would need to be done. They were almost opposites in what they wanted, Leora wanted to get married right away and so wanted a spring wedding, but Adam wanted to wait and make sure everything was perfect for his Soul and opted for a winter wedding. 

He wanted this day to be exactly what Leora wanted, down to the intimate details. This was important to her and he wanted her to have whatever she felt was necessary to make everything right. 

Leora thought it was sweet that he invested so much into her, and what she wanted but she knew that she would be happy even if they were married in a worn out shack in the middle of a trash heap. Adam laughed when she told him so, but understood her meaning to which he agreed completely. What mattered most was the who rather than the when's, what's and where's. 

They stayed by the lake until the early afternoon, but Adam soon got hungry and they decided to head back. The drive back was quiet and comfortable, Leora kept playing with her naked ring finger and Adam's that curled around hers. Adam couldn't help but notice the small action, making a mental not to get her a ring as soon as he got back to the pack. 

Leora couldn't wait to share her news with her friends. As soon as she and Adam had returned from the lake, she had called Crystal and immediately spilled all the details of their romantic interlude. Well...maybe not all the details, but the important ones nonetheless.  

The two ladies had agreed to go out to lunch, so that they could talk more about the wedding and potential plans. Leora didn't want to make too much of a big deal out of it- considering she wouldn't be able to see anything, but she didn't want so seem bitter so she allowed Crystal to whisk her off to a little Mexican restaurant. 

They stayed for a few hours, and ate a light meal together- Leora catching her friend up on all that she could think of. They talked about the ongoing development of Willsden Brooke, Stephanie leading said project - Leora even told her about her desire to call her parents.

She hadn't yet spoken to Adam about it, mostly because she was putting it off herself. She had mostly lost touch with them once she had moved to the pack so she wasn't looking forward to the chewing out she would get from them.

"I just know I have to call them you know," Leora sighed as she pushed around a forgotten mushroom on her plate. "I don't want me being with Adam, and being involved in this world to be the end of my relationship with my parents but knowing how secret everything is, I'm afraid that I won't be able to keep both. I love my parents and I love Adam, I don't want to have to choose between them."

So much had changed since she had last spoken to them! She had met a man, moved in with him and had gotten engaged too! She had a feeling that they wouldn't exactly be on board with all the big changes she had made in the short few months that had gone by. She knew that they wouldn't have the full picture- she wanted to talk to Adam about telling her parents everything, but chances are she knew that she wouldn't be able to.

It would be a bit of a loss, having to keep her parents at an arms length all the time. Since they had gone to live out their retirement in their home country of Greece, the one comfort Leora had of being in a completely different country was that she could always share everything with her parents. It probably wouldn't kill her to hold back one tiny detail about her relationship with Adam but it was a little disappointing to think that she wouldn't be able to share all. 

"Luna, please don't worry so much! I'm sure you're just overthinking this. Alpha Adam would do anything for you, so would the pack. I'm sure we can all reach some form of an agreement that would allow you to keep your family." Crystal assured her Luna. "I can already see what you're thinking. Don't worry so much. Adam knows that you wouldn't want to get married without your parents present, and judging by how much he wants everything to be perfect I doubt you have to worry about something like that."