Episode 4

3rd person POV

Seven was sitting next to Five in the mess hall, fidgeting with her necklace and listening to Five talk. Four, One, Six and Three were also there.

"I'm gonna buy myself a pair of goggles, some work gloves, and a brand new micro-gauge plasma cutter with a rotating tholium-carbide head." Five says with a huge smile.

"You'll cut your hands off, kid." Three says to Five, sitting in the chair next to Seven.

"What are you gonna buy?" Five asks Three.

"A curvy redhead." Three says, eating.

"Let's keep it classy." One says as Seven stands up and moves to the other side of Five.

"Okay." Three says. "A brunette with a sexy accent."

"I want meat." Six says. "You know, real meat. Not this vat-grown stuff."

"Amen." Three says.

"We should consider putting the money to better use--maybe upgrading the ship's defenses." Four says.

"Alright you knock yourself out with that but ah, I'm gonna buy myself something nice." Three says. "And limber."

"Okay, I've run the numbers." Two says, walking into the mess hall.

"So, how much do we have to spend?" Six asks.

"Well, after refueling, repair costs, and docking fees we're left with exactly...zero." Two says.

"What?" SIx asks.

"Not even enough for goggles?" Five asks.

"Or a nice meal?" Six asks.

"Or a redhead?" Three asks.

"Sorry, guys." Two says. "We're broke."

"Now hang on a second." Three says, putting his plate on the table. "You said those Mikkei guys gave you a nice bonus for setting up that mining deal."

"They did. Just not enough." Two says.

"How do we know you didn't skim, hmm?" Three asks.

"Ferrous offered me more to abandon you, remember?" Two says.

"What if we refuel but not...fully refuel?" One suggests.

"We're not skimping on fuel." Two says.

"I mean do we really need to fix the meteorite damage to the hull?" Six asks.

"Or repairs." Two says. "What we need to do is find a buyer for those weapons."

"Alright, I'll look around." Three says.

"I thought you were leaving." Two says.

"I am, just not yet." Three answers.

"What, you had time to sleep on it?" Two asks.

"First you want me to go, now you want me to stay, you know it's awfully confusing, doll." Three says. "I never had an opinion either way." Two says.

"Okay that is both insulting and very insulting." Three points out. "Now, do you still want me to ask around or what?"

"I want you both to ask around." Two says, looking at One.

"Well, nah, I work solo." Three says.

"No, we don't--" One says.

"That's great, you guys are gonna make a great team." Two says to the both of them. "The rest of us can look around the ship, see if we can find anything else worth selling."