Episode 5

3rd Person POV

The crew is in the mess hall eating. Seven is sitting next to Five, pushing around her food with her fork and leaning her head on her hand.

"This is ridiculous." Three says while eating, causing Seven to look up at him. "We're the most wanted criminals in the galaxy and we can't even scrape together enough money to buy a decent meal."

"We could if you hadn't lost those weapons." Six says.

"We were ambushed." Three says. "It wasn't our fault."

"So you keep saying." Six says.

"Alright, there's no point in arguing." Two says. "There's nothing we can do about it now."

"Sure there is." Three says."We do what we do best, rob someone."
"Anyone in particular?" Two asks.

"I say Ferrous Corp." Three says. "We find their closest outpost, and we just nail it. Hard. They're already pissed off at us, right? How much worse could it be?"

"What do you think?" Six asks One.

"I think it's a terrible--" One starts but he's interrupted by Three coughing.

"Sorry, wrong pipe." Three says. "You were saying?"
"Sure, it's what we do, right?" One asks.

"Yeah." Three says.

"What about the vault?" Five asks and Seven looks at her.

"What vault?" Three asks.

"I think that's what it is." Five says. "It's down in the lower levels, at the end of a maintenance shaft. We found it when we were exploring the vents."

The crew goes down to the vault, following behind Five and Seven.

"This is the door you saw in your dream, isn't it?" Two asks as Five and Seven lead them to the vault.

"Yeah." Five says.

"Well if I were a pirate and a smuggler, and apparently I am, this is the kind of place I might just pick to hide my loot." Six says.

"Has anyone else been down here before?" Two asks the group.

"No, definitely not me." Three says quickly.

Two presses a key and the computer beeps.

"Alpha-numeric lock code." Two says.

"Which none of us can remember." One says.

"You ever dream about the code, kid?" Three asks Five.

"No." Five says.

"What about you, Red?" Three asks and Seven looks at him. "Any visions?" Seven shakes her head. "But it's still rattling around in your heads, isn't it?"

"What do you want to do, crack their skulls open?" One asks. "Dig around with a spoon?"

"Believe me, it I thought that would help." Three says.

"Two, come in please." Android says over the speaker.

"Go ahead." Two says.

"I think you should all come up to the bridge immediately." Android says. "We're receiving a transmission."

"From who?" Two asks.

"From someone who says they know you." Android says.

The crew goes up to the bridge.

***

"The signal's weak this far from the nearest g-comm link." Android says. "There may be some interference."