A New Parent

Izuku lay sleeping in his hospital bed, it had been several weeks since his arrival. Recovery Girl assigned herself as the child's caretaker until another Pro was willing to come and take in the child. But so far, no one was interested. Each morning, Izuku woke up in tears; his family was nowhere to be found; when he tried to search for them, his wings would not function. His wings were still in the healing process and there was nothing he could do but wait. Recovery Girl would come in with Nezu and a random hero that was available to assist in feeding the child – and each day, a hero would be covered in food. Izuku didn't trust anyone – he barely trusted Recovery girl, even though he knew she meant well. One day, Izuku built the courage to ask the many questions that clouded his thoughts.

"Where is my papa?" Nezu sat sipping his tea, as the pro trying to feed the little cinnamon roll, looked over to him for an answer as well.

"They left you." The words left the creature's lips and brought tears to the child's eyes. His tiny whimpers escalated his gentle sobs – Izuku just sat on his bed pondering what he could have done to be abandoned by his papa...

"Don't cry little one, that is why you are here. I knew your so called Papa would leave you. That is why I followed you so closely, I wanted to make sure you were well taken care of." Nezu knew his lie would catch up to him – but hopefully it would take some time before it actually does. Izuku didn't hear anything that Nezu said – his Papa would never leave him. Why would he? His heart began to beat faster; his tears overflowing from his eyes. The sound from the heart monitor began to beep incessantly; it alerted Recovery Girl and her team, who burst through the door.

"What did you say to him?! I told you – I don't want you anywhere near the boy!" Recovery Girl glared at her so called boss – sometimes, she wondered if there was really Good or Evil. Because right now, Nezu was on the top of her shit list. The doctors did their best to calm the child down; his quirk activating after a few moments of struggle. His wings appeared. One: elegant and graceful – a gentle and glowing aura round it. The other wing: dark and menacing. If the wing could take on a life of its own – no one in that room would be alive.

"Nezu! If you know what is good for you, get the hell out! I don't want you anywhere near this child! Leave!" Recovery Girl screamed the order, frightening everyone. Never had anyone heard the kind-hearted Recovery Girl yell as she did. Everyone took the hint – leaving without another word. Sighing, Recovery Girl returned her attention to the floating child.

"Come now child, calm down. I promise, I am not here to hurt you. I want to help you. Use your quirk if you don't believe m.." Before she could finish her sentence; Izuku's right demon wing moved underneath her throat. Taking a closer look, the skin appeared sharp...he could kill her without much effort. Patiently waiting, Izuku lets his wing decide Recovery Girl's fate. Within a few seconds, his wing retracts and both recede into his back.

"W-why? W-why did m-my papa (sniff) leave m-me?" His question barely came out. Not knowing what to say, Recovery Girl goes over to the bed, gently picks him up and snuggles the little Cinnamon roll.

**

Somewhere Over the Rainbow: (I have no idea where they are by the way)

Shigaraki sat next to a river, many that surrounded their new home. It had been several weeks since he heard anything about Izuku. Recovery Girl was able to get a note out to them; updating Izuku's status and what the little guy was going through. But nothing on when he would come home. It was driving everyone crazy – but what could they do? They were broke, broken and tired. The new home they just found happened to be an abandoned training facility that Nezu let them have. At this point, they needed a safe place to live and anything would work.