Sasori (Part Two)

Day 14

Sasori sat in his lab, which was situated across from the Nidaime's own lab, working on a new puppet. This one had a very interesting bloodline. He hadn't seen a person with this type of ability since he had taken out one of the Explosion Corps in Iwa during the Third War. Deidara's ability was similar, but instead of infusing clay with their chakra, this shinobi released an explosion each time his fists made contact with something. It would prove extremely useful in battle.

So far, Sasori was finding his stay in Sound to be quite good. It wasn't often that he got to do whatever he wanted, as long as it got results for the village. This wasn't to say that Sakura was immoral. In fact, he found her to be a person with very solid moral beliefs, and that was rare in the shinobi way of life. Most found the lines blurring the longer that they served, but Sakura held everyone accountable to the same moral code that she, herself, followed.

Kami help anyone that stepped out of line. He had been there when a sensei had been on the receiving end of a verbal beat down when he made his team watch Hidan interrogate someone. Sasori had found himself agreeing with Sakura.

"I understand that you were trying to expose them to aspects of the shinobi life, but that isn't how you do it!" Sakura had yelled, smashing her hand through her desk.

The man had looked at her desk, his face draining of color as he watched the pieces settling.

"If you want to do something like that, you come to me. I don't give a damn if you think that it will be a good learning opportunity, you run everything by me first. If you don't, you will find me far less kind. Now explain to me, why the hell you thought that making them watch Hidan interrogate someone was a good idea."

The man had stuttered and stumbled over his words, sounding more like what the Hyuuga girl used to be like, than the sensei that he was. "I-I thought that m-maybe showing them wha-what they might have to d-deal with if captured would kn-knock some sense into them. They think th-that it's all fun and games."

"So you treated them to the sight of Hidan disemboweling a man? Look, if you had wanted to expose them to T&I techniques, come to Shikamaru. He can better handle that sort of thing. He can teach them counters to things, as well as interrogation tactics, but no village has another Hidan. He's specific to this village, and now your students think that if they are captured, they are going to go through the same interrogation. Not only that, but most adults can barely handle watching Hidan do his rituals. He inflicts all of that damage to his own body to create the damage on the other person. No child should have to watch as a man disembowels himself to inflict the same damage on the subject."

"But they a-aren't children anymore!" the sensei exclaimed, regaining some of his backbone.

Sakura leveled the man with a glare that could have frozen Hell over. "I am well aware of the fact that they are no longer children. That does not mean that they need to see that before they even make their first kill. Do you know what that does to a person's psyche?"

"You may have very well irreparably damaged their minds with what you did," Shikamaru explained. "Hidan wants a crack at you for what you did to those genin."

The man paled even more. "B-but-"

"We aren't going to let him, but keep in mind that he was a part of Akatsuki. He's an S-ranked shinobi, and you really kicked up his emotional dust by doing this. The guy was ranting and raving about what seeing that sort of thing can do to a person who's brain hasn't fully developed."