Elder Abuse

Sakura cocked her head and looked at Itachi for a moment. He seemed to understand what she was asking because he nodded to the ANBU next to her before making eye contact with her again. Sakura slumped against the ANBU as he stepped forward to catch her.

The Konoha, Ame, and Suna shinobi watched on in interest. Had she just willingly gone in to Tsukuyomi with Itachi so that she could speak to him?

Within seconds she was back, and Itachi was turning to the three elders, a smirk on his face. They had no time to think before all three were under the influence of his sharingan.

The three old council members started sweating as time went on. The first to break was Homura, the old man letting out a wail before clutching at his chest. Sakura cocked an eyebrow before going over and checking the old man. She snorted before sending a small amount of healing chakra to his heart. The old man had started to have a heart attack.

By the time Itachi disengaged, Danzo was the only one not to make a sound. Koharu was sobbing, and Homura was still holding his chest and wheezing.

"What was the meaning of that?" Danzo snapped.

Sakura only smiled.

"Were you trying to kill us?" Homura asked, still finding it hard to breathe. He was glaring at the pink haired Kage.

For the first time since arriving, Sakura spoke. "I only had him show you what he has been through since leaving this village. Could you not handle it, Homura-san?"

The old man continued to glare.

"You had Itachi show them everything?" Kakashi asked.

"Yes. Danzo needed to see, the elders needed to see, what their order did to one of the founding clans of Konoha. What it did to a man with so much promise. I also made sure that Itachi showed everything that Akatsuki did, before they disbanded. I felt that he should see what he had created by colluding with Hanzo."

"So he knows what happens when a bijuu is taken from its host?" Naruto asked.

"Danzo has always known. It's the only reason he didn't forcibly remove Kurama from you before now. He would have had hell to pay with the sitting Kages because they all knew exactly who you were."

"So he knows that taking the bijuu kills the host and he's still planning on taking them?" Inoichi asked, horror clear on his face.

"He knows that the jinchuuriki will never bow to him, no matter how much they dislike their villages. They are loyal. They are shinobi of those villages. But he feels that he is much more likely to sway a bijuu that he has freed from imprisonment."

"But they'll never bow to him," Gaara stated.

"No. They won't. They have also become loyal to their villages over the years. They will not betray them. Especially if Danzo kills a host that they happen to get along with."

"He thinks that the sharingan will be enough," Itachi stated, voice quiet but hard.

"Didn't Sai take Shisui's sharingan from Danzo's socket?" Minato asked.

"Check his arm."

The way that Itachi said it gave everyone pause. There was an edge to his voice that wasn't normally there, any iciness that made them shiver.

Hidan took his kunai and sliced the bandages from Danzo's arm only to reveal dozens of sharingan embedded in his arm.

Hinata looked like she was going to be sick, but she walked over to Itachi and wrapped her arms around him. His eyes softened and he wrapped an arm around her waist, burying his face in the crook of her neck before taking a deep breath, trying to calm himself.