Proposal

A follow up to 'Nervous Wreck'. Need I say more?

--

"Well... wish me luck, cadets." Speedy told Swift, Rod, and Brody, as they stood in the control room.

"You won't need it, Speedy. Just be yourself and everything will work out." Swift replied.

"You and I both know it's not that easy and simple, Swift." Speedy told him.

Swift gave a nervous chuckle while rubbing the back of his head. "Yeah, you're right. But, still."

"You'll be fine, Speedy. Just stick with the plan, and you'll do fine." Brody reassured him.

"Right." Speedy took a deep breath. "Ok, here I go." he said, going to the elevator that went down to the garage. When he got there, he saw Bea working on the Road-Wing, with Penny close by to assist.

"Hey, Bea. Hi, Penny." He greeted them.

"Oh. Hi, Speedy." Penny greeted enthusiastically.

"Hey, Speedy." Bea replied from under the Road-Wing. "Do you need something?" she asked.

"I just want to talk to you for a moment, Bea." Speedy replied.

"Sure. Just give me a minute. I'm almost done with this part." Bea replied.

"Ok." he replied. "Oh. Um, Penny. Swift would like to see you upstairs." he told the young penguin.

"Oh, ok." Penny replied while looking up at Speedy. She then looked in Bea's direction. "I'll be back in a few, Bea." she said before belly sliding to the elevator to bring her up.

In the Control Room

"Swift?" Penny called out when she got to the control room.

"Over here, Penny." Swift called out. 

Penny slid over to the main area and saw the boys seated while watching the screen. She tilted her head in slight confusion.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"You'll see. Come have a seat." Swift replied, patting the space next to him on the bean bag chair he was sitting on. Penny shrugged and hopped onto it with a giggle. Swift chuckled in response.

In the Garage

A few minutes after Penny left, Bea finally slid out from under the Road-Wing. She approached Speedy, who was leaning on the worktable while he waited.

"Ok, Speedy. What did you want to talk about?" Bea asked, as she picked up a damp cloth to wipe her hands.

Speedy chuckled, before taking another damp cloth from the table to wipe off a spot of oil on her cheek.

Bea giggled. "Forgot about that."

"Always the busy birdie." Speedy stated.

"It's what I do. You know that, Speedy." Bea replied, as she tossed the cloth onto the table.

"I do. But... do you know what day it is." Speedy asked, but sounded more like a statement.

Bea gave him a confused look. "Um... Thursday?" she replied.

"Well, yes. But what day is it." He pressed.

"...um... May 18th...?" she questioned, still confused.

Speedy just smiled as he took hold of her hands. "It's the day when we confessed our feelings, and I started courting you." he told her.

Bea gasped while her eyes widened in realization.

"Oh my goodness! It's our Anniversary! Oh no! I'm sooo sorry, Speedy. I... I completely forgot." Bea said, looking down in shame.

"It's ok, Bea. I know you've had your wings full for the last few days, making modifications to the vehicles. I'm not mad." he told her. She looked up at him with an unsure smile.

"By the way, I uh... I got you something." Speedy said, as he let go of her hands and went into his jacket to retrieve the gift.

"Speedy... you didn't have t-"

"No, Bea. I wanted to." Speedy cut her off, before giving her the small wrapped up gift.

Bea smiled and took the gift while thanking him. She unwrapped it and smiled. From the casing, she could tell it was a mini toolset. When she opened it to see what kind of tools were inside, her eyes widened and she gasps at what she saw.

"Sp... Speedy? Wha..." she couldn't get her words out.

Inside the small case, there weren't any tools... but a ring. Not just any ring. An engagement ring.

Speedy smiled as he took the case from the stunned canary, while still holding it open to her before he began to speak.

"Bea... we have been together... for as long as I can remember. And throughout that time, we've been through a lot. We've had our ups and downs, and always managed to push through them. You've been by my side through every challenge, as I have with you." Speedy started.

"This... this is long overdue, but... Bea, will you do me the honor, of being mine forever?" Speedy asked.

"Oh, Speedy..." Bea said, with tears in her eyes. "You... you have n-no idea... how long I've waited for you to ask me that. Yes! Absolutely! A thousand times, YES!" she happily and tearfully replied. 

Speedy smiled happily as he removed the ring from the case and slid it onto her finger. Bea admired it for a moment before jumping at him with her wings around his neck and kissed him. She caught him off guard for a bit, before he wrapped his wings around her waist and returned the kiss. After a few seconds, they broke apart and looked at each other lovingly, before Bea wrapped her wings around Speedy's waist and nuzzled her head under his beak.

"Took you long enough," she softly stated.

Speedy blushed and chuckled. "I know," he replied, tightening his hold on her and nuzzling back. "I love you, Bea. And thank you... for everything."

"I love you, too, Speedy. Forever and always." Bea replied.

In the Control Room

Penny stared at the screen with her beak agape from what she saw.

"Chilly kept-icers! Did... did Speedy just propose?!" Penny excitedly asked.

Brody chuckled. "Yup! And from the looks of it, Bea accepted."

"Everything worked out. We told him it would." Rod stated.

"Yea, it did. I'm happy for them." Swift added.

"I am too! It just so... romantic!" Penny exclaimed. She then turned to Swift and spoke in a too sweet tone. "I hope your proposal will be just as romantic, Swift."

Swift blushed, his face almost red, but he kind of saw it coming. 

"Please don't tease me, Penny." Swift calmly stated.

Penny giggled and wrapped her wings around his waist while nuzzling under his beak.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't resist." She laughingly apologized.

Swift chuckled in response and nuzzled back, wrapping a wing around her. Rod and Brody also chuckled at the antics of the two young love birds, before they all turned their attention back to the screen. They all smiled, feeling nothing but happiness for the now, newly engaged couple.

--

Another SpeedyxBea for you guys. Hope you enjoyed it.