Chapter 4

Rachel's P.O.V~

The car came to a stop in a parking lot to a restaurant as I looked out the window.
I came out of the car as Cory followed close behind me.
As he opened the door, a bell went off in the restaurant. We made an order and found a seat in one of the booths that sat in the back of the room.

We took our seat and waited for our order to call.
He started, "I used to work here during my vacations in highschool."

"Oh really? What was that like?"

He replied, "Well, I worked for an okay pay and it was alright. I was a waitor. It was suuper boring."

"And I'm guessing you didn't have the beard. Since it probably could've broke about six health code violations," I said laughing.

"No, no. The beard stayed," he responded pridefully.

We spent the afternoon talking and laughing as we ate.

Cory continued,"I remember I was was playing this game called 'Pacify' for my channel."

"Horror?"

"Obviously. And basically the objective was to burn these dolls to win.
It was a four player game, but I still tried to beat it by myself."

"Of course, becuase you're so intelligent."

Cory smiled and continued by-passing my sarcasm,"I had fun. Soon enough I invited some other players to help."
"It was such a blast," he smiled recalling.

He continued, "And then, get this, when you die you'd turn into a doll sized player while the others played.
And I remember this moment where, one of us was shrunk and all you could hear was 'Who stepped on me??!' And then someone else replied in complete surprise, 'Oh that was you!!?' Everybody was just laughing, that was so fun."

I smiled as I saw Cory break into a grin.

"Well, your current job seems alot more fun than the one you had here. "

"Yeah well, I went from passing plates to playing my favorite games,"he said as a slight rhyme.

Once we finished, it was about around six and the sun had started to set. Time passed rather fast.

He questioned, "You ready to get outta here?"

"Totally."

A couple minutes later we were taking the same route back to his house when I saw the car turn into a different street.

"Where are we going?"

"Oh, you'll see in a bit."

"Alright Mr.Mysterious."

Soon enough the car came to a stop near the pavement.
Cory parked the car and quickly opened the door and got out.

I followed as he grabbed a bag from the trunk.

"Um, Cory. What are we doing here? Not trying to alarm you, but you kind of giving off the killer vybes," I said as I joined Cory outside of the car.

I haven't really known Cory for that long.

He paused as he left the bag exposed in the open trunk.

He replied, "See for yourself scardy cat, before you go calling 911 when I go to reach into my jacket pocket for a napkin."

I slowly unzipped the bag as the curiosity pricked at my spine.
It had blankets.

I looked up at Cory, who stood a touch taller than me, who just shrugged his shoulders.
"You finished Detective Armstrong?"