Chapter 5

Rachel's P.O.V~

-later that day

I made it back home by taxi as I didn't wish to bother Cory with driving me from place to place. The interview went as well as it could've possibly went and for some reason I felt completely drained. I knocked on the door as I didn't have a key for the front door. I looked down at my phone and sent a text to my mom about the interview as I stood waiting for the door to open.

When it finally did, to my surprise it wasn't Cory that stood at the door, but someone else. A woman dressed in a tight, white mini dress, hoops and with long, luscious dark hair stood at the door. She looked me up and down as I stood wearing a black t-shirt and worn out jeans. She scoffed at how I looked and I honestly had no reason to contest. She then spun around and shouted, "There's a girl at the door for you Cory." She retreated as I simply shook my head and came inside.

I stepped inside and pulled my bag strap closer over my shoulder as I walked in to find a stack of boardgames on the floor followed by Uno currently being played beside them. I watched as Cory quickly sprung to his feet and wrapped me in a hug. I felt my shoulders relax as I happily returned his hug. I smiled as I felt my heart flutter.

Suddenly we heard someone clear their throat as we finally pulled away from each other. "Oh, sorry," I said as I felt my cheeks burning. Cory stood wearing a comfortable pair of PJs as he looked as if he was thoroughly rested. He started, "Right, Rachel, this is Vanessa. Vanessa Richards, she's one of my oldest friends. We went the same high school-"
She cut in as she wore a gigantic smile, "Oh, you don't have to sugarcoat it Cory,"she said laughingly whilst waving him off, "We we were always with eachother, like two peas in a pod."

She nodded as she walked over to him and passed her hands upon his shoulders. Cory just smiled as he seemingly confirmed that what she said was true.

Okayy...

I started, "I'll just go put down my stuff and change into something a little more comfortable and then I could join you guys?" Vanessa was about to say something but Cory was able to answer before her. He replied, "Yeah sure, we're about to start a new round of Uno anyway." I smiled as I made my way up the stairs and to my room.

A little while later I made it back down in a pink knee-high home dress with my fluffy bunny slippers. When I reached the bottom step I could hear Vanessa's loud giggling from afar. She sat leaning against Cory by his arm as her face remained less than three inches away from his face. I felt a twinge of something inside as I watched from afar.

I made my way over as I sat down on the opposite side of Cory. "Can I shuffle the cards?" I asked. She nodded as she waved me off and continued leaning on Cory. I did and in less than a minute I was dealing them out.

Vanessa picked up her cards and showed a displeased face. She replied, "This hand is not so pretty." Cory just laughed as he prepared his cards for the game. I looked down at my cards as I could feel Vanessa's eyes on me.

The game continued as I sat and watched Vanessa cozying up to Cory. "All this time and you still suck at Uno Coryy?" she asked and laughed at alot more than necessary. He replied, "I'm just being kind, I don't want you guys to lose your confidence to play." Both of them continued laughing as soon enough I got up to get something to drink from the kitchen.

The twinge had returned once again as I looked around the kitchen feeling my shoulders physically slump.
My mind went back to memories of last night as I laid on Cory's chest and felt his chin rest upon my forehead. I dug into the fridge as I looked for something I'd be interested in. I soon spun around with a bottle of orange juice that had just enough for one person left. I went for a glass as out of the corner of my eye I could see Vanessa making her way over.

"You enjoying this afternoon so far?" I asked kindly. "Oh yes I am, Cory and I have always been able to get along really well," she responded laughingly. I nodded my head as I went for some ice. I fixed my glass up as I realized that an awkward silence had arrived. I looked up at her as I surrendered a polite smile and finished pouring the orange juice into my glass.
I turned to throw away the carton only to see she still stood next to the countertop. I looked at her confused, "What's up?"
She started circling the edge of the glass with her fingertip as she started, "Rachel.. let's get one thing clear. Before you get any ideas, Cory's mine. Okay?"

I was so shocked by what I was hearing that I couldn't even manage a response.
She responded, "Great."

Wait. What?
She took my glass as she smiled and made her way over to Cory.

What??!
AND she took my juice.

I felt my blood start to boil as she smiled back at me from afar. I turned my back to both of them as I looked down at the stove.

Calm down Rachel.

I took a deep breath as I could feel myself calming down. Just then I felt someone's hand rest on my shoulder. I recoiled at first, only to realise that it was Cory. "Everything okay?" he asked. I nodded as I felt his eyes scan my face.
He continued, "Come upstairs lemme show you something." I finally faced him, as memories of what just took place seemingly started to disappear. I smiled as his hand took hold of mine.

He started to lead me up the stairs as I realised my hand paled in size comparison to his. "Where are you guys going?" Vanessa asked from down below. I looked up at Cory who simply responded, "We'll be right back in a bit."

He lead me to his office as he pulled in the door slightly. He sat down by his desk and turned on his computer systems.

What is he doing?

Just then his phone went off and he stood up. He said, "I gotta take this.. Uhhh the password is in the bottom drawer on the side, written in ink."

My eyes widened at the fact that he was allowing me to know that.
When he noticed he just smiled and pressed the phone to his ear while he went to the opposite side of the room. I opened the bottom drawer and copied the enscryption into the computer.
Within moments it was open and Cory's desktop was on the screen. I leaned back into his chair as I admired that it felt as if I was in his sacred space. I leaned over and sprayed some water on Momo as I waited on Cory.

"Okay, sorry about that," Cory said as he made his way across. He stood next to me as he leaned over and pulled up something on YouTube. I watched on curiously as he adjusted his volume system. He continued, "Rachel, I don't know what's wrong, but something's telling me that something's up with you. So, whatever it is, I wanna help." He shrugged his shoulders and smiled as he pressed play.

A smooth but chill, jazz-like beat started to play, followed by Cory's voice coming across the beat. I laughed as I saw him start to jig to it. "One of my fans made it for me," he said. Soon enough my head started to bobb as the chorus started to play. "May I have this dance?" he questioned laughingly as he held his hand out to me. I took it as he brought me to my feet.

He spun me as I started laughing at his goofy antics. Moments later we were shoulder bopping to the beat and laughing hysterically at each other's moves.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Link to Fan Edit Above. Enjoy.