Part 3 - Dreamvisitor and Confession

Sorry for the long wait. In exchange here is a longer chapter.

Enjoy!

(Starflight)

His father looked very busy but he finally stopped what he was doing and walked to him. He seemed shocked for a moment as he observed his body which was full of wounds. The pain Starflight's felt was horribly but he endured it.

"I really don't understand why the torture..." he said and Starflight got his hope up that maybe there is someone who cares about him here. "I think if they try to reasoning then probably it would be more efficient though it didn't work on the Rainwings." Now Starfligh was confused.

"But now that you are here maybe you can help me with my research." continoued Mastermind and Starflight had to realise that his father was absolutely obsessed with science. "Please tell me everything! I want to know everything!"

"I can't" said Starflight. His father's expression changed to a disappointed look.

"I don't understand you. Look, I'm not doing this because I enjoy watching them suffer. I doing this because it is the Queen's order and besides... I want to save my tribe!" his gaze softened. "I give you something to ease the pain." He handled a flask filled with some kind of liquid.

Starflight was unsure what it was but since his father was the kindest of al the Nightwings here and he guessed that it couldn't be worse, he drank it. After some time he felt better. "Thanks" he murmored.

"But why can't you just search for another sollution without hurting other dragons? I mean if it's the lack of food then just try get fish from the sea or maybe ask the Rainwings to allow you to hunt in the Rainforest since they only eat fruit or try to make a deal with any other tribe."

"The main problem is not the food..."

"Then what? Wait..." suddently Starflight realized something. "This is a vulcano right?" his father nodded. "Then the problem must be that it is active and will erupt in the future... Your not looking for a place where you can get food... You are looking for a new place to live! You want to invade the Rainforest!" This hit Starflight really hard. Everything was clear now.

The Nightwings secret alliance with Blister who probably promised them to help to take the Rainforest from the Rainwings. I must tell the others! But how?  He looked at the Dreamvisitor. He never would've thought that he will see one since everybody belived them to be destroyed or been in an unknown hidden place.

"You are really my son!" it was the first time Starflight seen his father smile but it didn't take long. "So you won't help me with the Rainwings?" he asked as a last try. After his son shook his head he shoot him another diasspointed look. "Well then help me with something else! I need to make some kind of armor that can hold lava inside it."

This took Starflight's attention. "What for?" He asked

"Sorry but I can't tell you but it's important for our Queen." His answer wasn't much help for Starflight.

Starflight wanted to answer but suddenly they heard someone coming. His father turned back to his experiments. "I guess they're coming for you. Hope they wouldn't torture you that bad next time. Now sorry but I have to work."

Starflight had to think fast. He needed to get the Dreamvisitor. It was his only chance to speak with his friends. He looked at his father's direction and seeing him not watching he grabbed the small object. He needed to hide it so he took it into his mouth and tried to place it under his tongue. The second he finished he saw Fatespeaker coming in.

"You had enough free time now get back to your cell." She dug her talon into his foreleg. Starflight had to collect all his willpower not to yell in pain because it would reveal the stolen animus made object.