Part 10 - A talk about love

(Glory)

It had been several days since the Dragonets of Destiny ended the war successfully. Sunny's plan which she worked out with the others brought peace in Pyrrhia. They did choose a new sandwing queen. Sunny's mother, Thorn got this title. The Eye of the Onyx decided that she's worth wearing it.

After the events, the queens held a meeting where they all agreed on the terms of peace. Since Glory was a queen as well she attended the meeting and she spoke there in the name of two tribes. She revealed how the nightwings manipulated the war and apologized to the other queens who accepted it. Apart from that Thorn and Glacier had to talk about the territory that Blaze promised her. Since Glacier was promised land from Blaze if she wins she claimed the land. She reasoned that Blaze won in a manner of speaking since she is the only one of the three sisters who survived so she kind of won. After some arguing, they made a deal that Glacier gets the northern half of the promised territory.

After Queen Glory got back from the meeting now that all the Dragonets of Destiny were in the rainforest as well she decided that they deserve some fun so she organized a party. Most of the rainwings and nightwings were there even those who didn't like the young rainwing queen.

Everybody was having fun. Glory looked around and saw that the rainwings and nightwings could behave around each other strengthen her hope that these two tribes can live together in her territory.

The dragons she knew were enjoying themselves. Deathbringer was always around protecting her even if the queen didn't ask him to do so. Kinkajou was chatting with Tamarin, Jambu was with Liana and Mangrove was with Orchid. She spotted Clay eating as always and Tsunami who was talking with Webs. She saw Sunny walking towards her. Sunny who was the most positive and optimistic dragon she knew was the saddest now when every other dragon was celebrating. Glory knew the reason for her mood. There was one dragon who was missing and Glory really wanted him to be here. Starflight.

"Glory!" said Sunny when she stopped before her.

"Sunny. What's the matter?" she asked although she already knew the answer.

"Have you seen Starflight? I wanted to speak with him and helping him around so he can enjoy the party as well but I don't see him anywhere. Do you know where is he?"

Glory knew that since they got back to the rainforest Starflight didn't leave the healing hut. He was alone there. Glory went to him earlier this day and invited him to the party too but Starflight only said that he might come. It looked like this time the might meant no and Glory wasn't happy for this. She wanted everyone to be here and enjoy their victory and Starflight had a major role in achieving this.

The queen told Sunny where could she find the nightwing and the little hybrid immediately left the party to go to the healing hut.

(Starflight)

Starflight was lying in the hut. He was thinking about things, mostly about what happened to them since they escaped from that hidden cave.

At first, he was sad after they lost two of their guardians even when they weren't really nice to them, he never wanted them dead. Then all the time being prisoners somewhere. The tortures he's been through. Becoming blind. And the rejection...

But then... His friends rescued him. Thanks to his suggestion most nightwings survived the volcano. Glory is the queen of two tribes. They ended the war. He will see again soon even if only one of his eyes will be healed. And there is hope that Sunny is returning his feelings.

And now... now only fear was. So many good things happened and he was afraid that this streak might end and bad things will happen again. Starting with Sunny rejecting him again. After all... she only said that she isn't sure about her feelings.