Part 6 - Rescue Mission

Well here I am again with the next chapter. As always: I hope you like it! Enjoy!

(Sunny)

She was ready to save Starflight. Filled with determination she stood with the others near to the tunnel. It took too much time to gather the Rainwings who were capable of a rescue mission according to Tsunami. Morning almost came when they finally began to go through the tunnel.

The plan was simple. The Rainwings camouflaged and hit any Nightwing they see with a sleeping dart. The Dragonets of Destiny will follow them and go to the prison where they set the Rainwings free. Besides them, they also wanted to get Starflight and Deathbringer out.

Glory talked about that she will be the one setting the assassin free. She told them it's because of he risked himself to help her escape from the Nightwings but Sunny did see something more behind of this. She thought Glory liked Deathbringer. This also made her think about her and Starflights relationship.

The more Sunny thought about him the more she grow to like him romantically but she still wasn't sure if that would happen if he didn't confessed his feelings for her. Do I really love him or I'm just want to ease his pain by making him think I love him back?

They soon arrived in the Nightwings island and Sunnys eyes widened. The sight was horrible. Sunny instantly felt pity for the Nightwings. She now saw why they wanted so desperately invade the Rainforest. She could guess that Blister promised help for the Nightwings if they support her claim for the throne.

The plan went smoothly. They knocked out every Nightwing they saw. There weren't many. They were soon at the prison cells and they started to set free the Rainwings. Soon they saw Deathbringer's cell and Glory quickly unlocked it so the Nightwing assassin become free.

"Thank you Your Majesty!" He said and bowed down a little.

"Well we are even now! Wait! How do you know I'm queen?"

"Your friend, Starflight said to me. He even told me that you will offer the Nightwings to live in the Rainforest and in exchange you will be their queen. If that is the case, I pledge myself to be your personal bodyguard from now till the end of my life." This surprised everyone but there was no time for this. They needed to find the Nightwing queen and gather all the Nightwings so Glory could make this offer. Of course Deathbringer volunteered to escort the Rainwing queen to there.

"Wait! Where is Starflight?" asked Sunny who seemed to be the only one who didn't forget about him.

"Well he was taken by Fatespeaker before you arrived. I don't know where she took him though." Said Deatbringer.

Glory went inside the open prison cell which was Starflight's and found quickly the Dreamvisitor. The Nightwings Dragonet of Destiny told her where would he hide it since he already felt that they would never meet again, he still wanted them to have it, better be in their talons than some evil dragons.

They split up. Sunny and Clay went to find Starflight while Glory, Tsunami and Deathbringer went to meet with Queen Battlewinner. The Rainwings already started fly to the tunnel as Glory commanded them to do.

Sunny and Clay scanned the sorrundings as they fly above the island. Lava was everywhere and it was hard to spot anything but they tried their best. Sunny wanted to talk with Starflight. She needed him to know how she truly felt about him but no matter if she loved her romantically or just as a brother she wanted to save him. They were the Dragonets of Destiny, they needed to stop the war.

They finally found him. They were in a little land sorrounded by lava. The moment she him with all his wounds and cuts and that burnmark on his left eye. Tiers started to coming from her eyes. He looked worse than she saw him in her dream. That hopeless expression on his face. He truly gave up.

Next to him stand Fatespeaker with an evil grin. "Look who are there." She said as she spotted them. Sunny and Clay landed close to the two nightwings.

Starflight weakly turned towards them. "Sunny... Clay..." he said in a weak voice. They starved him, tortured him, poured lava into one of his eye. Sunny began to cry.

"What did you do to him?" the sandwing asked.

"He's the half blind dragon, not you and you can't tell?" she took a rock bowl and filled it with lava carefully. "I guess you don't need your eyes either." And with that Fatespeaker launched the bowl in Sunny's direction.

But it never hit Sunny. Starflight jumped in the way and the hot, melted stone hit him instead of the sandwing, burning his other eye. He roared in pain while Clay launched himself and tossed Fatespeaker into the lava lake. She didn't even get the chance to escape.

"We have to get out!" yelled the mudwing. The volcano suddenly erupted. The ground started shaking and lava and fireballs began to shot to the sky then falling back creating a deadly rain.

"Just leave me here..." said Starflight who doesn't even wanted to get out. This was too much pain to bear.

"NO!" screamed Sunny. "We would never leave you alone Starflight! You are one of us! We all love you!" she wanted to shout more at him but stopped as she realized she said love and saw the more hurted expression on the nightwings face. "Look! Maybe I have feelings for you, but I'm confused yet and want to talk with you about it."

"Don't give me false hope." Told them Starflight. "I'm useless, I never did any good. Once I betrayed you and now the pain... It's just too much."

Clay didn't wait any longer. He took Starflight and hold him with his claws while started to fly to the tunnel with Sunny following him. They reached the tunnel just in time but as they entered they heard a voice behind them. "The prophecy isn't real." Sunny recognized Morrowseer's voice but as she turned back she didn't see the nightwing. She knew that he didn't make it in time. But is it true what he said? After all he delivered it. But it can't be true! The prophecy must be real!

As she got back to the Rainforest they saw a lot of rainwings and nightwings standing everywhere. It was chaos. She heard Glory yelling something but as she spotted them she immediately started to fly towards them followed by Tsunami and Deathbringer.

"What happened?" she asked as she landed. She saw Starflight who was bearly breathing. "Deathbringer! Carry him to the healers hut! NOW!" she ordered him and he obeyed. The rainwing queen now looked at the worried Sunny. "He will be fine but now please help me with this situation."

Clay nodded but Sunny wanted to be with Starflight and take care of him. After all he saved her. That lava would've hit her if he didn't jump in it's way. But she knew that Glory need her help too and she would not be able to help the healers in her state. So she was ready to go after her friends but suddenly something hit her head and she fell unconscious.