Ch. 19

'It's perfect...' I sobbed as I looked at my best friend dressed in her wedding attire. We were at the store for her final fitting before the wedding and the dress fitted her like a glove. The beautiful poppy red-colored wedding dress with gold metallic work looked gorgeous on her. The stunning veil on her head flowed nicely behind her back, reaching the floor. It was magnificent.

'Don't cry or else I'll start crying too' Sana looked at me through the mirror and I saw her teary eyes. I walked up to her and hugged her.

'Let me cry right now...I don't want to mess up my makeup on wedding day' I joked as I wept.

'I'll miss you' She replied. We were a sobbing mess.

'I am not dying' I tried to make her laugh but she went on full cry mode. I held on to her for a long time as she cried.

'Take a deep breath' I let go of her and she went back to the changing room to change back into her clothes. After the fitting session, we went to the market close to my house to get some matching jewelry for my dresses.

'This will go nicely with the Dholki dress, right?' I pulled out a picture of my dress on my phone and showed her the earrings that I thought would go with the dress.

'Perfect' She helped me pick other jewelry bits until I got everything. We went to a restaurant afterward to grab something to eat. Not eating before going for shopping wasn't a good idea. We ended up ordering so much food.

'So what are you going to do now?' Sana asked me about Zain as I told her about the conversation I had with him on the terrace.

'I don't know...I just told him I'll think about it and then I left' I shrugged.

'Maybe he feels bad about the way he treated you' She looked at me.

'Maybe, I just don't know what he wants' I grabbed my phone from the bag to text Ramsha to see if she wanted me to get her anything. When I checked my phone I saw a message from Zain.

You didn't answer my question, I read the message.

'He messaged me...Zain' I showed my phone to Sana.

'Are you going to reply?' Sana asked curiously, not letting go of my phone.

'No....later' I grabbed my phone and texted Ramsha instead and put away my phone.

'You're being rude now' She stated.

'And you are taking his side...he bothered me so much, you don't know what it was like working with him at the office' I told her.

'So you're going to be like him now' She said to me.

'You are annoying you know that...I am glad I won't have to deal with you in a few days' I took out my phone again and stared at the message from Zain.

What question?  I think you already know my answer. I replied to him.

My phone started ringing seconds later. I checked and it was Zain calling.

'Zain' I informed Sana and she smiled mischievously.

'Should I answer?' I asked her as the phone kept ringing.

'Do it already' She glared at me and I answered the call before it could stop ringing.

'Hello,' I tried to speak in a confident tone. 

'Where are you?' I heard him say.

'Why?' I asked him instead.

'I want to see you' He said firmly.