Ch. 27

'Miss Maya Malik' I opened the door and saw a delivery man holding a bouquet of roses. I was still tired from coming home late from Sana's reception party last night.

'Yes,' I answered.

'This is for you, please sign here?' He passed me the bouquet along with a clipboard to sign off on.

'Thank you' I closed the door and checked the small card that was attached to the bouquet. It simply said thinking of you. This was so out of his character, I never imagined that one day Zain will be sending me roses. I smiled as if he could see me. Everyone was still asleep so I picked up an empty glass jar from the kitchen and placed the flowers inside of it. I took a picture of it so I can send it to Zain once I get in touch with him again to thank him for his sweet gesture. I decided to call Anum to check it she has heard from him. He was taking connecting flights so he had a long trip.

'I was just thinking about you...Zain called just now' Anum answered the call and informed me about Zain's arrival.

'When did he arrive? He must be so tired' I said to her and heard her chuckle.

'What's wrong?' I asked her to find out what was so funny.

'You...I don't get you both...he said he'll call you later because he thought you would be sleeping right now and you asked me about him like that. It's sweet that you guys are thoughtful...well I knew you were like that but this is a new version of him that I am seeing' She added.

'Oh...did he say anything else?' I asked her.

'No just called to say he arrived safely and he is going to take a shower and rest for a bit before he goes out to eat something' She told me.

'Oh okay,' I said.

'I thought I was never going to see him like that again... I am so relieved to see him like this' I heard her say.

'He'll be okay...don't worry...how are you?' I asked her.

'I am fine...will be leaving for office in a bit' She notified me.

'Can I come?' I asked her.

'Really?' She sounded surprised as if that was the last thing she was expecting for me to say.

'Yes...really' I laughed and agreed to meet with her so we can head to the office together.

'Zain said he'll be telling everyone about the engagement once he returns from the trip' Anum told me just as we entered the office.

'Should I remove my ring?' I asked her.

'No keep it on...I am just letting you know' She smiled as we head over to her cabin. Everything was pretty much the same as I last remembered but Anum was different. She seemed more confident about her work and looked more engaging with her coworkers. I was really happy to see her growth.

'I am so proud of you Anum' I said to her after one of her colleagues left the room after reviewing a report with her.

'It gets better with time, I feel like I have more control over my life now and I can go anywhere and do anything' She said to me. Her words matched a lot with Zeeshan Bhai's way of life. As long as I can remember, he had always been a very easy going guy, open to new challenges and ready to face the unknown. I wondered if her thoughts had anything to do with Zeeshan Bhai.

'I am happy to hear that' I replied.

'You must be bored...you can go to Zain's office if you want...I have a feeling you'll be coming here a lot after marriage' She grinned.

'I'll go and check if there are any files or paperwork that needs sorting' I said to her as I got up to leave the room.

'Good idea, before Zain left, he said that the quarterly reports section needs to be checked...you know where it is right?' She got up to show me but another employee walked in to check something with her.