8. Rescue

Irritated

Annoyed

Angry

Depressed

Jealous

Wait what?

Jealous?

Howard Stark, never in his life to be defines as the jealous type. In his situation right now, he is indeed JEALOUS plus ANNOYED at the same time when he lay his eyes on the new edition of Steve Rogers.

He would sometime caught a glimpse of Layla staring at Steve more than few minutes before she looking away from him, staring on the floor as if that is the most interesting in the world. Howard frowned at the thought she might had the slightest interest on Steve and he would do everything in his power to push the two of them apart. Just like yesterday when they tried to identify the submarine was belong to Hydra, Colonel was arguing with someone while Howard checking the machine in curious…

Footsteps were heard entering their base, lifting his head up he saw Peggy enters the room with Steve followed behind her. He doesn’t know why but his instinct immediately looks at Layla, who stood beside the rail, staring at Steve with an unknown expression held in her eyes. At first, Howard thought it might be love at first sight, much to his nightmare of course.

When Steve stood beside her, Howard making a fake coughing sound while sliding beside them and wrapped his arm around her waist, cold stared at the super soldier signaling to ‘Fuck-off-tough-guy’.

Steve sweat dropped at his strange behavior but deep down he felt jealous that Stark could easily touch her. ‘Who could blame him? She is Stark’s girlfriend. Of course he is angry.’  He thought to himself sadly.

While Howard and Steve silently thinking to themselves for specific reasons, Layla on the other hand had different reasons of why she was staring instantly at Steve.

The moment Steve Rogers entered, she finally get the chance to look closely at him find new changes by physically but not mentally. ‘Even though he looks different but his is still the Steven I know.’ Staring at him, with her naked eyes she saw slight blue aura surrounds him and she blinked her eyes in daze. ‘Blue? I did not even use my magic on him. Was it the effect from the serum? Or does it have anything to do with me?’

While she was in deep though, that was the time Howard sliding between them and wrapped his arm around her waist. She sometimes she doesn’t understand Howard’s sudden change of behavior. Dealing with one person is fine for her but if there is more just like him, she would never get a goodnight sleep. Ever.

Base camp: England

Around evening, rains fall none stop, some were in different camp to wait for orders or some were doing their own things but there is one camp where they received few injuries soldiers and Layla was there as their lead medic. She went to each one of them, checking their vitals and bloods, they looks like they’ve been through hell and she feels regret for not join their mission but of course, Howard prevent her to do so.

Glaring at the huge amount of wounds and scars, she hissed at only name she wish to kill soon. “Schmidt.”

Her hands gently place on the wound, secretly heals it without anyone looking as she looked at his uniform and heard her patient mumble weakly, catching her attention to him.