26. Red And Wolve

******

Feeling annoyed, he sighed at the messed he had made. After all, it was his fault too for not keep his emotions under control if it weren’t for Layla to stopped them from another destruction. The question is, how can he retrieve the broken glass? He kneel down to collect the broken piece but stopped when Layla approach him.

“Let me clean it.” She insists.

He shook his head, “No. I destroyed it and I am responsibly for it.”

Ignoring him, she waved her hand using her magic as the blue aura swirls around and within a second, everything is clean as brand new even the broken furniture and items has retrieved into new one. His eyes widen in shocked, he only know she is immortal and a warrior but never know that she can use magic.

The wolverine stares at the scene in amused and nostalgic. “It’s reminds me, you used to helped me back than in the future…” His lonely eyes caught her attention.

Smiling sadly at him, “Seems like you and I were close friends in the future.”

He returns the smile, “More than close.”

******

Third POV

Year 2009

Evening, at Xavier’s Academy.

After the incident from hearing her daughter’s story, she is now well aware of her surrounding that maybe someone is spying on her. The familiar feelings when she was pregnant, the feeling of someone was stalking her,  eyeing her every movement. She was sure that person is the same person who had entered her room after she gave birth to her children.

An enemy of hers? A mortal enemy?

Not possible.

The only mortal enemies she had were the previous Hydra.

That’s all.

But, new enemy? Who could it be? Maybe, from a new organization other than Hydra?

She shook her head in distressed. Why would anyone target her children instead of herself? Such cowards!

“You need to trust us more, Layla.” A feminine voice spoke.

At the doorway to her bed room, Layla could see her red-hair female companion frowned at the sight of her stressful face and at that time she knew that she had unconsciously read her mind. Take few steps towards her beside set herself seated beside the goddess in concern. “I’m sorry.. I shouldn’t had use my telepathy on you without your permi—“ She apologized.

“It’s alright, Jean.” Smiling gently at her, “Couldn’t sleep?”

Chuckling, Jean wrapped her arms around Layla’s arm side and lay her head on the goddess’s shoulder, jokingly complaint, “You can’t expect me to sleep peacefully when I could literally heard your thoughts running wild when my room is just so happen beside yours.”