19. Home

"Some of you spoke to the police... about what you believe you witnessed here yesterday. You want to know my powers...know who I am...see what I can do? I will show you."

Running through the hallway, the sound of footsteps echoes loudly like the sounds of someone running away from getting caught or busted. The huffed sound exhales heavily from the run as he leans beside the wall not too far from his father's basement before he burst the door wide opened.

"Old man!"

"What do you want? Don't you see I am busy?"

Stood beside the study desk as he crossed his arms in annoyed at his son, around 13 years old, his appearance may look the same like his when he was young and both of them have most similarities even though they dislike each other sometimes. "What?"

"When will mommy Lay come home? She promised me she will come to visit soon." He stomps his leg on the floor, throwing tantrum. "It's been 10 years!"

He rubbed his forehead in distress, hearing his son fussed about a certain lady hasn't come home for a visit and he was surprised to say that his son has a strong memory since he was 3. High intelligence, yes but photographic memory? A shocking.

Kneeling to his height, he pats his son's shoulder with a sad smile. "I am not sure when. We both know Erik is a bit protective of her, Tony. Sadly, there is no news about them for now."

"If he doesn't take good care of her, then I will take her away from him!" Tony scoffed.

He laughed, "You're too young for that, boy."

"I don't care! Age is just a number! Beside..." Tony frowned, staring at the desk where an all too familiar shield that belongs to her, "... this is her home. He shouldn't have taken her away from us. We are her family. It's not like he was her husband or something."

Howard stares at his son in amused before he teases to make him embarrass, "Ohh so what you are trying to say is 'it should have been you to be her husband?' Did I heard it correct?"

He groans, his face heat up. "Argh! Shut up, old man!!"

"Hey! Who teaches you to disrespect me?!"

"I learned by myself, old man!"

"Master!" Jarvis shouts from the opened door causing the father and son's moment to stopped fighting.

"What is it, Jarvis?" Howard asked while fixing his sleeves.

He stopped what he was doing once he saw Jarvis's expressions, eyes widen in horror and his body posture is trembling as if he saw a ghost or something. His mouth opened slightly to speak, "T-There is something you have to s-see..."

"What's wrong, Jarvis?" Tony ask, somehow notice something is wrong.