14. Do I know You?

"This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win. Whatever it takes."

"See you in a minute."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Year 1970

Shield Headquarter

"Can't you find anything useful?!" The fierce female agent slams the file on the desk in front of her as she argued with one of the incharge, who seems to almost trying not to pissed her again.

"I-I'm sorry, ma'am. I promise I won't let the team down."

"You better keep that promise!" She point out her finger at his chest, more like jabbing him.

When he rushed out from her office, she sighed sat on the chair with an exhausted face and look up at the door opened when she heard someone enters without knocking. Raising an eyebrow, she spoke, "Some people might scared because of me for not knocking the door yet you're the only one who bravely enters my office as you pleases."

A beautiful lady in brown coat leans at the wall beside the desk, her curl brown haired almost reaches her bottom and her facial face looks younger every day. "I pity the man that had just rushed out from here." She chuckles, her feminine voice soothing the female agent. "Don't be grumpy or you will get wrinkles."

Her eyes soften at the goddess in front of her, "It's due to aging yet I am still surprised that you still look the same. You're not joking about being immortal. I felt jealous of your kind, Layla."

"You don't have to be jealous, Peggy."

True though Peggy has grown into a beauty middle age woman but still in a good shape while Layla is still the same since the first time they met each other. Looking up at the clock ticking on the wall before she glances to the side take a look at the window that somehow she got the feeling someone was staring at them but she shrugged it off knowing that someone is not a threat. "I need to check on Howard or he will be late."

"Ah yes. Maria is to be expected, right?" Peggy smile at her, "Send her my regards."

"I will."

She when outside from the shield headquarter as she walked out looking around trying to search for Howard until she sees him not far away near the black car and he was talking to someone she isn't familiar with. Making her ways towards them, she heard their conversation.