11. Not Alone

It wasn't her intention to brought this young boy, at the age of 15, known as Erik to her temporary home.

She doesn't know why but she had the feeling to keep him near her. Her current mission was to investigate Hydra's next motive or any new threats and freed the slaves. When she stumbles the deep prison where she met him, alone in the darkness begging for help as she steps closer and the first thing that caught her attention was the same blue aura lingers around his body.

May it be her instinct that told her to take him with her to her journey.

He is still young but looking by his appearance, he had suffers more dangerous and cruel humans in this era. Maybe God send this child for her to take good care of him living for a better life.

That was what she thought at first.

But the real reasons? Who knows...

The first time he entered her small house near the riverbank, the atmosphere is welcoming and warm. The living room is bright even though it looks so simple design yet everything suits her appearance. At first, he was anxious and slightly scared when Layla approach her trying to talk to him or asked him what he want to eat.

He may look timid but deep down he was scared at the thought of being alone again. Thinking that after she gives him enough food and a place to live, she will leave him alone.

But he was wrong.

The past few weeks, there is no sign of her leaving him alone. Not even once. She would always by his side whether she greets him in the morning, preparing for breakfast-lunch-dinner, checking his daily health and embraced him whenever he felt upset.

Her full attention is on him.

It's been a while he had someone taking good care of him after the death of his mother. He felt... strange when he saw her gentle smile, her alluring soft voice and her kind gaze that never judge his appearance until now.