Chapter 12: World of Magic; Rayleah

(Rolund Hea Yong - GT 0932 165)

"Alright, everybody up! We should be arriving at Rayleah in a matter of minutes." I said as I proceeded into the cockpit and buckled myself into the pilot's seat. Almost thirty-three seconds after I settled down the Dragoon got a transmission. I proceeded to push the accept button.

A feminine voice came through the speakers as it said, "Welcome to Rayleah traveler." it was surprisingly calm, almost like they had no cares in the world. "What is your designation and purpose of trip?"

"I am Rolund Hea Yong, pilot of the SS Dragoon, I am with two others looking for refuge."

"What are you seeking refuge from? Just a technicality."

"We are civilians of the Democratic League of Tharum, not desiring to be forced to fight in their war. We fled from them because they threatened those who did not enlist, but where capable, with imprisonment for the entirety of the war."

After a moment of silence taking in the information she replied, "Your entry has been confirmed, please proceed to land at these coordinates, further instructions will be provided upon leaving your shuttle."

The communications shut down with the coordinates on the screen. In a matter of seconds I saw the planet approaching in the distance. It looked similar to Tharum, but more vibrant in color, the planet had a large set of rings split into five sections. Unlike the planets I have been to so far it seemed like Rayleah hosted no moons.

The cockpit door slid open as Jiyoda walked in and sat down in one of the chairs. "While these days have been... helpful to me, I will be on my way not long after we touchdown." She said in a neutral voice.

"Well that is nice to hear, you'll always be welcome over to my place once I settle down." I replied to her. "I mean if it wasn't for you Ileen and I would likely be rotting in some jail cell right around now."

"Yeah, yeah." She said. Moments later Ileen came through the door.

"Sorry for the wait." Ileen said as she too sat down.

"Then let's get this show on the road." I said descending to the planet's surface.

A few minutes later...

The Dragoon landed safely upon a stone landing pad as the engines came to a stop. "Ileen, I think we can leave most of our stuff here, at least until we get through what we need to do outside." As I looked around I noticed that Jiyoda was already gone; well, good luck to her. "Ready?"

"Yeah, let's go." She said as we proceeded to leave the ship out onto the new planet. "Oh my, the gravity here is weaker than Tharum! Not by much though." She said as she stepped out the door before me.

I left the ship as the star Manlia almost blinded me before things slowly came back into vision. Around us was a large rustic city made of stones and woods of various types, plantlife seemed to crawl over the architecture, the pathway leading from our stone landing pad a smooth stone path, seemingly glimmering with particles that glowed slightly.

Interestingly there seemed to be life from all over the galaxy growing here, not just the native flora and fauna. I noticed a sign near the path on our landing pad, "Welkome to Rayleah, please follow the path towards the inner sity of Morline." The lack of c's likely meaning that it was written by a Koopew.

"It says to follow the path." I said to Ileen, stepping off the pad onto the path. "Let's stick together so we don't get lost, seems busier down the path."

As we proceeded down the path we noticed a large line filled with many Koopew, Humans, Yovloi, and the other major species of Stellarz, all waiting to proceed. "Looks like we have another wait on our hands." I said.