Chapter 21: Valko

(Ileen Von Derk - GT 0932 191)

"Poking holes in space is a surprisingly efficient way to travel." I said as the portal closed behind us.

"They may have cool stuff, but it doesn't make them good folk." Jiyoda muttered. "You never know when they'd try to backstab you for a coin."

Ahead of us was a massive hallway, at the end a huge door, beside it a desk, a female Elphe pew sat in the chair looking down at her holographic computer monitor. We walked up to her desk before she cleared her throat loudly.

"Do you seek an audience with Mr. Eks?" She said.

"Yes." Rolund replied.

"And what are you wishing to speak to Mr. Eks about?"

"Entering Terrina."

"One moment." she said before pushing a button as a microphone popped out. "Mr. Eks, some foreigners wish to convince you to allow them onto Terrina... Yes... Yes... I'll let them know." She pushed down the microphone. "He'll be able to talk to you in an hour. You can wait on the benches over there."

We sat down on the benches and the cool artificial air of the station flowed around us as we sat down on the cushioned benches. "More annoying waiting." Jiyoda sighed.

After what felt almost as long as the journey here the fiepew spoke up. "Mr. Eks is now available, please proceed into his office." The sound of engines running started up as the pair of giant doors slowly swung into the office.

Walking through the giant doors we entered a very high ceilinged room. The ceiling appeared like a giant glass roof, above us, the giant blue orb of the place I was born, Terrina. At the far end of the room was a massive desk, and sitting at it, a large brown and black, Dragew, they appeared even larger than Queen Zeria was on Terrina. The door suddenly closed behind us with a thump before the pew spoke up.

"So, you three seek access of the world above me, yes?" He spoke up in a deep voice. He was wearing a very luxurious tux, his wings folded up behind him.

"Let's not insult him." I whispered to Jiyoda, knowing she'd likely wish to. "Not the place."

"Fine, probably has a gun somewhere." she mumbled back before Rolund spoke up.

"Yes, we were wondering if you'd allow that... sir."

"What I want to know, is what you wish to do, once you get there. Terrina enjoys the benefits of isolation, what is so important that I should look past it?" The giant koopew said leaning on his desk.

"We are looking into Allen Salvdan Sniperian's history by request of Queen Zeria of Liberbia." Rolund continued.

"Mr. Sniperian died on GT 0266 178 in a house fire. One that also resulted in the demise of his wife and his heir... Now there is no reason to look further into his death because it has already been done. If that is your reason then you will get no access!" He said in a tone as if he had said it many times before.

"Um... Sir. There is another reason." I spoke up though he seemed to not pay it any mind. "We were also wondering if I could visit my family here. I haven't seen them in a few years since I went to study abroad."

He sat there for a moment as he took out a large cigar, one suitable for his size, as he breathed a small fire to light it before putting it in his maw. "Fine. On one condition; You may only visit your family, and leave the rest of Terrina alone. If I catch any word of you traveling elsewhere, the deal is off."

"Yes sir." I mumbled.

"Now get out of my office. I've got other matters to attend to." He said waving his arm.

Several minutes later...

"I can tell when some pew like him is hiding something." Jiyoda spoke up as we were walking back to the ship in the yard. "The way he said how this Allen died. Doesn't sound like something he would've had said if it really was centuries ago. You would think that he would not have answered that question to anyone in decades, but instead it is like he hears it everyday!"

"Thinking about it, it does sound a little fishy." Rolund mentioned.

"Stop it you are making me hungry." I said jokingly. "Well at least we can see my family, that's all I could ask for."

"Now normally I wouldn't be interested in a case like this, but the money and how he spoke, I suspect he's lying, and I wouldn't pass up the chance to pull up some dirt that could ruin someone like him." Jiyoda said, seemingly enjoying the idea.

"Well he didn't give us access to anywhere other than my family farm." I told Jiyoda.

"Sometimes to make a yovloi, you've got to lay some eggs." She said. "Oh we are going. We are going alright."

Later on in the Dragoon...

"So we are still going to my family first? Right?" I asked a little worried.

"No. We'll be going straight to his burnt up mansion. Deji and I care not for AL law. Plus Deji can deal with anything they can throw at us!" Jiyoda bragged.

"She's not wrong." Deji confirmed.

"But if they come after us, it'd be unlikely for me to actually be able to visit them. I still am not sure about this after what happened on Xylon and all." I tried debating.

"But think of the money! The fame! (that'd bring in even more money!) Being mentioned next to the article about me bringing the damning evidence to the galaxy, and starting the downfall of the Aivin!" Jiyoda pridefully jested.

"That... or we die." I said quietly. "Rolund, I'll go with whatever you think, we've been together for so long, I'll trust your judgement."

"Well I did get us into that mess at Xylon."

"That we saved you from." Jiyoda and Deji said in unison.

"Well with the war going on, for all I know we all only have so much time left to live. So might as well." He said.