Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Somehow, I managed to avoid anything to do with the crazy ass cupid man for a couple of weeks. Life was normal. Boring, but normal. My cat was sassy as ever, living up to her name, and the hotel was just as soul-crushing as it was before.

But like all good things in life, it didn't last long. Shit, it's like I'm cursed or something. With all this fucking Cupid shit going on, I probably was.

This time, Biades showed up at my dinky little apartment.

I was coming home from the nightshift at the hotel. The third shift position was the worst, and the only upside about it was the higher pay, and the fact it worked around my school schedule. I was dead tired, I stunk of coffee because I spilled mine on myself, and I just wanted to sleep. Instead of coming home to my cat, I came home to see Biades in front of my apartment door.

Of all the fucking apartments in this building, he somehow found mine. He was terrific at stalking, I just wish he found someone else to stalk instead of me.

Maybe I could just leave. I bet I could stay at the hotel for a few nights. I was even willing to do it without grabbing anything from inside... but I couldn't leave without my cat. Shit, and I really didn't want to leave without my laptop. Maybe I could convince Biades he had the apartment.

Yes, it was foolproof.

"The fuck you doing outside Casey's apartment? This is an all time low dude," I said. I was very casual as I meandered up to the door.

He stood straighter as I approached, and his eyebrows raised. "Casey's apartment? You're coming here at four o clock in the morning, and your name is on the lease."

"How do you know my-" I cut myself off quickly before I could confirm what he said. Instead, I unlocked the door as quickly as I could. "Well, these plants won't feed themselves, so." I tried to shut the door but Biades' foot was stuck by the doorframe. "Bitch, I'm just going to break your foot."

That didn't work. I swear to god his foot was made of fucking steel.

Shit, nothing was going my way today. My plan didn't work, and I couldn't break his foot. My life sucks.

"You need to listen to me," Biades said through the door. "If you listen to everything I tell you, I'll leave you alone."

"What about that crazy-ass Cupid guy you mentioned that thinks I'm supposed to be with him? Will you get him to leave me alone?" I was still pushing against the door with all my might.

"I'll tell him you're cautious about everything that's happening, but I can't promise anything," he hesitated, but the pressure on the door from his side never let up. "He kind of just does whatever he wants, but he'll be nice to you, I'm sure!"

"I don't want to meet him at all! I'm happy with my cat!"

"Doesn't your cat hate you?"

"Well, I love her and all her fluffy anger!"

I had taken to banging my side against the door, in hopes that one of those pulses would suddenly have super strength and push him out of my life. It did not.

The door suddenly flung open and I was on the floor. Biades stepped over me and shut the door behind him.

"Bitch! You could have given me a fucking concussion!" I shouted. Sassy came around the corner. I'd like to think that she came to make sure I was okay, but somehow I doubt it. I scooped her up in my arms before she could walk away though. I even kept her with me as I sat on the couch, though I swear to fucking god she huffed at me.