Chapter 54. Gnumus

Tyler: Human

Tyler dashed over to the large pipe like object.

Now that the Pardos wasn't holding it, it had transformed into a thick, hollow, metal tube with a durable leather-like strap around it.

She picked it up and quickly dropped it out of shock. The thing was shaking!

She looked at it closely as it lay on the ground.

It didn't move at all.

The metallic monster Arbol screamed in blind rage as he attempted to claw out a flare that Hudaryous had just shot into its eye.

Quickly, mistress, Quickly!! Sputtered Ishnook.

Tyler grabbed the gun and tightly held it in her arms. The weapon purred in her arms like a cat, almost like the thing was alive. It gave Tyler chills.

She raced over to the green Pardos as he fell to the floor in a daze. The large object began shaking as she got close to the Pardos, almost as if it were excited.

Hudaryous groaned groggily, his hands grasping his head in pain.

Okay, now I'm going to leave you, my lady. Said Ishnook hurriedly. I will return to your hair if all goes well. Please try to get somewhere safe, if you can. Arbol needs to be destroyed.

"Ishnook, please be safe...!" Tyler cried out.

Goodbye my lady. As I said, I will return if my plan works and I survive.

She did not feel him leave. There was no physical sensation, but instead, she could suddenly sense that her thoughts were now more private—but at the same time more accessible. Almost as if windows of her mind were flung open again and her thoughts were freely flowing out.

The large metal cylinder in Tyler's arms couldn't take it any more. Tyler quickly dropped it as it thrashed itself onto the floor in front of the wounded Pardos. Then it went still.