Chpater 58. Gnumus

Hud and Natilliea: Titan Pardos

The machine Hud and Natilliea slammed their heavy metal fist into the creature's face.

The monstrosity stumbled back against the rocky cave floor, it's many insect legs scrambling to keep its flat, worm-like body from loosing balance.

It quickly regained it's composure, bracing itself against the dark rock wall and screeched hauntingly at them. Large droplets of vile black liquid foaming rabidly from it's gaping jaws.

The flare stuck in the creature's eye had unfortunately gone out by now, and Hud suspected that the demon's vision had mostly been restored.

Hud and Natilliea stepped closer and swung at the beast again, but the insect twisted out of the way and slashed at their exposed side with it's razor sharp claws.

Metal ripped open where the claws had swiped, the two sides now pulling away from itself like tight fabric.

Hud and Natilliea buckled slightly under the injury. They stumbled out of the way as Natilliea quickly repaired the torn metal, weaving it back together with new fibers.

The monstrous creature scuttled up the side of the cave wall and then jumped at them again, leaping with its sharp claws aimed directly at their face.

They grabbed the creature just as it swiped at them through the air. Holding the monster back, their muscles strained as the beast ripped at their arms from the sides.

They then quickly swung around and threw the insect to the ground. While quickly repairing the new rips in their arms, Hud and Natilliea fired several dozen cannons from their shoulders at the thing.

The creature was too quick. It rapidly dropped its thin body to the ground while all the cannon shot thundered into the wall of the cave.

It scuttled at them from the floor and Hud and Natilliea kicked at it as it hissed furiously.

The giant metal insect was too quick. While Hud and Natilliea raised their foot to kick at it again, the creature dove for the other foot and sunk its teeth into the thick heel.

Their metal body roared as pain coursed through Hud's leg. Fire and ash poured from their cannon filled mouth and they ripped the best from their heel and threw it violently against the rock wall.

The insect fell to the floor and Hud and Natilliea jumped at it. They heavily swung a fist at the beast's head again as it tried to pick itself off the rocky ground.

The punch hit the creature square in the face.

The Bovase roared in anger as the force from the punch slammed it back into the rock wall.

Before the monster could react again, Hud and Natilliea grabbed the insect by the face and dug their thick fingers into the mass of Circuit bodies.

The Demon, hissed and screeched, it's many legs scrambling to reach them.

They squeezed harder, their cannon fingers dug deep into the pile of dead Circuits, piercing through the monsters pile of a body until the fingers were completely embedded into the monstrous face.

The demon screamed in pain and frustration.

Then Hud and Natilliea fired their cannons.

Blasts erupted from their embedded fingertips and the Bovase roared in agony.

The creature scratched desperately at their powerful arms as they pressed on, digging their fingers deeper into the monster.

As cannon fire filled the creature from their fingers, Hud and Natilliea aimed their cannon mouth at the beast.

Smoke rose to the ceiling of the cave as sparks fell from the rows of cannons spurting from the gaping mouth.

Then in a moment, the cannons began to fire.

Their cannon mouth plowed through the creature, relentlessly raining a torrent of artillery into the insect's black, oily body.

The screaming from the Bovase and the roar of the cannons became indistinguishable as Hud and Natilliea ripped the pile of Circuits to shreds.

The insect's body writhed on the ground as they continued to drill though it with their incessant cannon fire. Their thick arms grabbed at any part of the beast, ripping it to shreds with both the cannons firing from the fingertips and the open mouth.

Then, after every chunk of dead Circuit body had been obliterated and turned to smoke or smoldering metal, Hud and Natilliea ended their merciless rain.

The cannon fire ceased.

The air in the cave was thick with smoke and ash, and the din that reverberated off the walls went on for several minutes afterward.