| 2 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 | Being thrown into a tree hurts a lot more than Freyja first realized it would

ONE week later, Freyja finally decided that camp might not be as bad as she first thought. On the third day there, she had been claimed, though it was more accidental than anything else.

It had been lunch time, and all the campers were in the pavilion. Some girls, Aphrodite's offspring, had made a comment about how she looked like a child of Hades and what a lame god he was. Freyja's temper control wasn't that great (much like her social skills), so she dumped freezing cold water on all of them. 

 Poseidon had to lay a claim to her after that particular incident, his signature trident appearing above her head in a flash of blue light. Her mum was gonna murder her for that at the next solstice meeting. Chiron had stood up, stopping Freyja from panicking further, and shouted;

"It is determined, Poseidon, Earthshaker, Stormbringer, Father of horse. Hail, Freyja Leto, daughter of the sea god," Cabin eleven had cheered loudly, though Freyja knew she had to go and find a spectacular place to hide from her mother, who would be out for her head.

The young goddess had moved into cabin three, claiming a bed near the window so that she would be able to see the moon and stars. There was a large bathroom at the back of the room and six bunk beds took up the main part, a hippocampi mobile flowing through the centre of the cabin, like it was swimming through the air. 

It was cold, and lonely, but Freyja liked that. The silence was a nice reprieve. However, during the day, Hermes cabin members liked to come and invade her privacy to talk her through a new prank idea, or force her to watch movies (that they had found illegally) on a computer (that was also illegal). Freyja still wasn't too sure what to make of these 'movies'.

The weeks turned into months and before Freyja knew it she had been there for six months already. The summer solstice had come and gone, and somehow she was still alive, though her ears rang for days afterwards. Her mother was really good at shouting.

However, tonight was different. Tonight was serious (supposedly). Dionysus had found Freyja as the evening had drawn to a close and told her that there was a new demigod, and Grover, one of the youngest satyrs, arriving tonight. He thought it would be likely that there was a lot of monsters after the girl, so had wanted the goddess to be the one to handle it.

Freyja was of the mindset that if they couldn't get here on their own then maybe that was for the best, but Dionysus had reminded her that statements like this were the reason she needed to work on her social skills.

Before going out for perimeter control by the gate, she made her way over to cabin eleven, dodging the trip wires, so that she could stop in to see Layla. Connor and Travis were elsewhere causing chaos.